PDA

View Full Version : Clean Up Crew

Steelerfan101
11/22/2012, 08:53 PM
Hi I was wondering what would be the max limit for a clean up crew. I have 2 percula clowns, 6 line wrasse, and a royal gramma. It is a 29 gallon tank with a hydor slim skim (the nano version), live rock, and a BRS biopellet reactor. I was wondering how many inverts I can get. I already have 2 peppermint shrimp, 2 nassarius snails, and I want an emerald crap, arrow crap, another shrimp, and anything else you guys think is a good addition. Thanks!

srb5046th
11/23/2012, 12:06 PM
I've got a 38 Nuvu tank(I think about 31 actual gallons).
I have 4 pepperments, 4 large turbos, 5 astreas, 14 nassarius(the small ones), 10 magarita's, 1 emerald crab, a small conch and about 25 hermits. I just feed a little extra food and feed the conch and turbos pieces of dried nori every few days.
It's a softy/mushroom tank. I guess I wouldn't do it with an sps or clam tank.

sponger0
11/23/2012, 02:13 PM
Keep in mind, arrow crabs get very large and can eat your fish once they get big enough.

Tuton
11/23/2012, 02:30 PM
I agree, arrow crabs are cool but can get nasty with age
My rule of thumb is one cleaner per gallon so 20 hermits and 10 snails would be a good combination

Steelerfan101
11/23/2012, 02:36 PM
ok thank you. very good info

sponger0
11/23/2012, 02:40 PM
I agree, arrow crabs are cool but can get nasty with age
My rule of thumb is one cleaner per gallon so 20 hermits and 10 snails would be a good combination

This is a good rule....but I like to go with half the amount of gallons. I can always get more. And hate to kill things

cloak
11/23/2012, 05:49 PM
Hi I was wondering what would be the max limit for a clean up crew. I have 2 percula clowns, 6 line wrasse, and a royal gramma. It is a 29 gallon tank with a hydor slim skim (the nano version), live rock, and a BRS biopellet reactor. I was wondering how many inverts I can get. I already have 2 peppermint shrimp, 2 nassarius snails, and I want an emerald crap, arrow crap, another shrimp, and anything else you guys think is a good addition. Thanks!

I would probably stick with the CUC you already have, and maybe add one scarlet hermit crab and a few turbo or trochus snails. See how they do for awhile and then adjust the population accordingly.