PDA

View Full Version : Looking for stocking advice

sstarr1114
11/22/2012, 11:37 PM
Looking to add some more fish to my tank. I currently have 2 Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Yellow Tang and 1 Blue Hippo Tang. Need some good neighbors and wondering what you guys think. Suggestions?

hobbzz
11/22/2012, 11:58 PM
What size tank and what kind of filtration?

sponger0
11/23/2012, 08:33 AM
Yes tank size is needed and if corals, what kind

SDguy
11/23/2012, 08:46 AM
If this is the 75g reef, I'd suggest re-homing the blue tang, and picking some better tank size appropriate fish. Also, the yellow tang being established before adding other fish may cause aggression issues.

What sorts of fish do you like? Angels? Wrasses? Gobies? Maybe throw out some ideas, and then people can more easily advise you.

sstarr1114
11/23/2012, 10:20 AM
If this is the 75g reef, I'd suggest re-homing the blue tang, and picking some better tank size appropriate fish. Also, the yellow tang being established before adding other fish may cause aggression issues.

What sorts of fish do you like? Angels? Wrasses? Gobies? Maybe throw out some ideas, and then people can more easily advise you.

That is what I was afraid of with the Yellow Tang. This is the 75 gallon tank. A buddy of mine was breaking his tank down for a move and gave me the tang. I only had the two clowns at the time. The hippo and the yellow got off to a hairy start but they're buddies now. The hippo is about 3 inches, not so big but I know what you mean as far as tank appropriate.
My problem is the fish I really like are meant for bigger tanks. I'm redoing a living room now and thinking of upsizing to at least a 150g. Thanks for the responses, I have some soul searching to do. Hahaha.

sponger0
11/23/2012, 10:22 AM
Hippos need bigger than a 150. Actually they should be in a 240 or bigger.