PDA

View Full Version : Salinity

grcforce327
11/24/2012, 07:23 AM
Got the conductivity and temp probes calibrated on the PM2,and the salinity reading is spot on with the refrac!:thumbsup:

grcforce327
12/08/2012, 03:03 PM
Had to recalibrate after only a couple weeks! I hope this is not going to become a habit!

aquamanic
12/08/2012, 03:44 PM
make sure you're not collecting micro bubbles on the tip of the probe. That will distort the reading, then when you swish the probe around in the calibration fluid, they dislodge and it reads correctly.

grcforce327
12/08/2012, 05:13 PM
make sure you're not collecting micro bubbles on the tip of the probe. That will distort the reading, then when you swish the probe around in the calibration fluid, they dislodge and it reads correctly.

Zero bubbles of any kind where I have my probes.It was a big difference.Went from 35ppt to 32.Did the recall and it's back at 35.

visuvius
12/09/2012, 12:03 AM
That swing is the reason I decided to not get one of these. For $200, I need more accuracy and less fussiness than the current conductivity probe. I'd rather get one of those Milwaukees or something.

ejbowers948
12/09/2012, 09:38 AM
FYI, I have the same issue. No bubbles at all. I get about 3 swing about once a week.

This is my Bly complaint on my neptune.

Dave & Monica
12/10/2012, 06:42 AM
Everyone do yourself a favor, don't even consider buying the salinity probe and PM2 unit.

IT IS COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY USELESS.

I’ve spent hours and hours and it stays calibrated for less than a month each time. Micro bubbles. BS, it’s mounted at a 45 deg probe holder that I had to build. Why not make a probe that allows any bubbles to move off or move through it.

Complete garbage, and I love everything else about the Apex.

Originally the readings would swing with my lights turning on and off. Interferance, NOPE, Neptune ended up saying it was a faulty probe and sending me a new one. I wish I would have sent the whole PM2 and probe back and used the $ else where. Now it's a number (kind of how I feel about ORP) that moves all over the place and I don't even pay attention to it anymore. Sad really, as I had high hopes.....

I wish this would become a sticky since I see this again and again, and I'd guess everyone feels about the same.