PDA

View Full Version : Apex module & display unresponsive

reefknight
11/26/2012, 12:24 PM
Cam home last night to find my power off, whole neighborhood. After several hours the power resumed but not my Apex. The display was flashing a bunch of nonsense, combining several screens of info and not responding to the controls. The module status was flashing, then just went off. The only indicator that is on it now is the ethernet port. The EB8 is operating in fallback to my knowledge.

I connected it directly to my router, but am not getting anything to light besides the ethernet port today. I have attempted to connect via the default web address as well as my dnydns, neither are working. To complicate matters, I upgraded my router a month ago to a Time Capsule and had not configured it, my game adapter for the Apex, or my iPhone. I have not upgraded the firmware since I have had it, just shy of 11 months. I just sent an email to Neptune, but thought someone here may have an idea.

My temp is dropping as I don't have enough heaters to keep my system stable. I use titanium heating elements and without the Apex, I'm screwed.

Thanks guys!

JustinGr
11/26/2012, 01:08 PM
I had this happen, I had to unplug everything from my Apex and reboot it (pulled power plug) Once I got the "green" status light I plugged everything into it. Then rebooted it from the display and it worked after that.

Not sure it will help, but it did me over the weekend, but I was/am running the Beta.

reefknight
11/26/2012, 02:00 PM
At this point I can't get anything except the ethernet port indicator to light on the module. I've got it disconnected from everything except the EB8, display and router.

Thank you for your suggestion

aquamanic
11/26/2012, 02:28 PM
Reload your firmware and web pages. That should clear things up.