PDA

View Full Version : RoboSnail Preview and Club Thread

AquariumSpecialty
11/26/2012, 05:44 PM
It's a little premature to start the club part of this thread but we decided it would be best to have it all in one thread. Here's a sneak peek of our new RoboSnail. We have videos on our website of it in action if you would like to check it out. Please feel free to post any questions you may have and we will be happy to answer them. We are in close contact with the Milan, the creator of the RoboSnail and he may chime in from time to time also.

http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/aqua-genesis-robosnail

Thanks,

skyrye7
02/23/2013, 08:12 AM
i would prefer a robosnail that can clean multiple window pane instead of just one at the moment...

NexDog
02/27/2013, 12:53 AM
40mm limit - sucks.

AquariumSpecialty
03/13/2013, 03:15 PM
We just received a shipment of these today at an introductory retail cost of $299.00. The price will be going up to $349.00 in the very near future. Wholesale inquiries welcome.

Here's the link:

AquariumSpecialty
03/13/2013, 03:25 PM
Here are some pictures...

VegasMike
03/13/2013, 03:28 PM
What are it's limitations? What thickness of glass can it handle? How thick is the outside unit? Need specific dimensions.

VegasMike
03/13/2013, 03:30 PM
How will this work with an in-wall tank. Does the docking station need to then be placed on the front of the tank somehow?

AquariumSpecialty
03/13/2013, 04:01 PM
VegasMike,

Milan is the owner of Aqua Genesis and I have asked him to jump on our thread to assist with answering questions about the RoboSnail. He should be responding shortly. Also, we are posting a sales flyer on the website that may answer more questions.

Thanks,

aquagenesis
03/13/2013, 04:22 PM
Hello and thank you for joining. My name is Milan and I will try and answer as many questions as I can for you all. The current version will work on aquariums that are .25 inches-.40 inches in glass thickness. Otherwise 60 gallons up to 150 gallon tanks typically.

aquagenesis
03/13/2013, 04:25 PM
Yes, it will work on in wall mounted aquariums, rimless aquariums, and standard constructed aquariums. You will have to mount the docking station in the far upper right corner

NexDog
03/14/2013, 07:06 AM
When will a version be available for larger aquariums? Think mine is 3/4" thick.

DavidinGA
03/14/2013, 07:09 AM
Talk about an eyesore that thing is massive!

Sent by Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and Tapatalk 2

AquariumSpecialty
03/14/2013, 08:11 AM
Talk about an eyesore that thing is massive!

Sent by Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and Tapatalk 2

It's slightly longer than a Algae Free Hammer Head float but wider. I have had mine for about 4 or 5 months and it's not an eyesore to me but everyone is entitled to his/her opinion. I'm just happy Milan has the will and determination to stick with his goals through all of the R&D. This product has taken him 3+ years to bring to market and I'm sure it hasn't been an easy task but Milan has been very upbeat since we 1st started discussing this over 2 years ago.

The glass is half full in my book but that's the way I try to look at life.

jcolletteiii
03/14/2013, 09:33 AM
$300 (soon to be 350) for an admittedly cool gadget that will only clean the front panel? For the current functionality, I think you guys might be pricing yourselves out of the market. At least until a version is developed that can move to the side walls. Just my wallet's opinion.

Allmost
03/14/2013, 09:39 AM
so does this come with sensors ?

does it dip into sand ? if not how does it stop ? does it garantee no scratch on glass due to sand getting stuck ?

does it stop and turn when it reaches a rock or coral ? does it have sensors all around to catch any snails, urchins, coral branches or ... ?

is it only for front glass ? does it do the sides too ?

thanks, I have ppl I set up tanks for that are interested in this, but need alot more info before I would ever put it on a glass.

Jjtaylor62083
03/14/2013, 10:34 AM
I can cover more area faster by hand. And i just cant see.haveing 3 of these things takeing up that much room per a side

jschultzbass
03/15/2013, 12:46 PM
Personally I think it is pretty cool and would be picking one up if it was able to do 0.5" glass on my 180. I know it's fast to do by hand but I would LOVE to not have to worry about it!

dbm reef
03/16/2013, 02:49 AM
Cool idea in the constant battle to make aquarium maintenance easier
And the speed is not really something that matters when you think of the
fact that you wont be doing anything... so in a way it would be faster because
you can go mow your lawn at the same time while its cleaning your tank.
I would also like to know the answers to the questions above (sand, sides of aquarium)
Thanks

AquariumSpecialty
03/20/2013, 01:27 PM
Cool idea in the constant battle to make aquarium maintenance easier
And the speed is not really something that matters when you think of the
fact that you wont be doing anything... so in a way it would be faster because
you can go mow your lawn at the same time while its cleaning your tank.
I would also like to know the answers to the questions above (sand, sides of aquarium)
Thanks

Please read our blog article in the link below. Most of your questions can be answered from reading the article. The RoboSail is designed to clean one viewing pane of glass and it will not go around corners.

http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/blog/aqua-genesis-robosnail/

unze
05/23/2013, 01:43 PM
no doubt a chinese knockoff will be available soon.

AquariumSpecialty
05/24/2013, 01:58 PM
no doubt a chinese knockoff will be available soon.

That would be an incorrect assumption but I can see why you might assume that with all of the copy cat "artists" in other parts of the world. The company has a patent on this and I'm sure they will fight anyone trying to launch a competing product.

bobharley
05/24/2013, 07:52 PM
I have one ..have not opened it yet because still waiting on some more parts for the tank....I hope it American made!!! We have to much stuff from China..

unze
05/26/2013, 04:19 AM
It is a great product but it given it can only do a tank with 10mm glass it will have very limited market. Not sure why you would use on a small tank given the cost.

If it could do thick glass it would be great for large tanks/zoos etc.

AquariumSpecialty
05/28/2013, 12:25 PM
Eventually the plan is to have other models for smaller and larger tanks.

AquariumSpecialty
08/22/2013, 09:24 AM
We will have several RoboSnails at MACNA. Please stop by our booth to check it out. We plan to have on our display tank.

etepperman
09/18/2013, 10:23 AM
Love it, but it is just to pricey. If it could do all side then perhaps, but for just one side I think I would pay about $150.

BTW, I am not criticizing I just want to give feedback so they know what customers would be willing to pay.

What you be willing to pay? A survey may be helpful.

Lacy
12/15/2013, 08:13 PM
Love it, but it is just to pricey. If it could do all side then perhaps, but for just one side I think I would pay about $150.

BTW, I am not criticizing I just want to give feedback so they know what customers would be willing to pay.

What you be willing to pay? A survey may be helpful.

I agree. To much money for only on side. Also needs to be able to do a thicker tank. Money better spent on a skimmer or something else. Will they be making one to work on a thicker tank?

Renee

AquariumSpecialty
12/16/2013, 07:49 AM
Right now the RoboSnail is on sale through the end of the year. At this price it would be a good Christmas or Holiday gift. Here's the link:

Thanks,

larryfl1
12/26/2013, 01:21 PM
any word on a version for 3/4 " glass??

atreis
12/30/2013, 08:48 AM
I'd really love to buy one of these for my FW tank, and would do so in a heartbeat at full price if it would work for me, but it won't currently:

1. My tank is acrylic and is a bit more than .5" thick.
2. My tank is meant to be viewed from the front and right side, with that corner being bent. Having to mount this on the right side of the front panel is a non-starter for this reason. Mounting it on the right side of the right-side panel would work, but then it would only do that panel which isn't very big (not worth it). A left-hand mount version would be great (even if I do still have to clean the right-side panel and bend myself).

Being able to go around bent corners would be even better. :)

larryfl1
12/30/2013, 09:36 AM
larger version soon? 3/4 " glass...i would love to get one

Scottmwoods
03/20/2014, 04:37 PM
I just put this on my 300 gallon tank. It does have a problem with staying on the tank. It falls off a lot. it does leave about 10" at the bottom of the tank that it does not clean. Not to impressed yet. but maybe.

AquariumSpecialty
03/20/2014, 04:39 PM
How thick is the glass? Sounds like it need to be reprogrammed to go down the glass further. If you need help with that let us know.

Thanks,