PDA

View Full Version : Angelfish...

Anthony Reefer
11/26/2012, 09:50 PM
Hey Guys,

I am thinking about setting up a 60"L x 30"W x 24"H and housing a few angelfish I am a good reefer and very experienced. Now back to the topic what is your opinion on angelfish in a REEF aquarium, they are worth the risk, should never be even thought about being put in a reef tank, or it is up to the aquarist. Then I have narrowed it down to one of these three fish Queen Angelfish(Holacanthus ciliaris), Regal Angelfish(Pygoplites diacanthus), or Rock Beauty Angelfish(Holacanthus tricolor). And these dwarf angel Bicolor Angelfish(Centropyge bicolor), Coral Beauty Angelfish(Centropyge bispinosa), Lemonpeel Angelfish(Centropyge flavissima), Flame Angelfish(Centropyge loriculus), Black Nox Angelfish(Centropyge nox) these are all the angel I would ever dare to get as they can turn and eat all your corals.

Thank you guys I love all you input and if you love angels like me up load a picture or put in a link I would love to see all your angelfish

jaa1456
11/26/2012, 10:00 PM
A queen will get to large for that tank, I have owned a few over the years but in fowlr tanks. They also can be very aggressive. I was thinking of trying a rock beauty myself in my reef but they are hard to come by and even harder to find one that eats. All the other angels you have mentioned I have personally seen or have kept in a reef. My buddies lemon peel loved his lps.

Anthony Reefer
11/26/2012, 10:28 PM
The lemon peel and the black nox are really the only ones would worry about putting in the system because I love LPS, Clams, and Zooas but I think the beauty of the angels are totally worth it and I know they will be an eye catcher in my tank.

Painted skin
11/26/2012, 10:52 PM
Angel fishes are my favorites and I have Large breed angel fishes with reef and through trial and error I can tell zoas, small shrooms, brain coral are at high rish. They commonly safe with SPS and LPS like hammer and frog spawn. The trick is keep them well fed, just like us if we are hungry enough we would eat leather. lol like online info they are semi aggressive not overly aggressive. I find some tang are more aggressive than angel fishes, but it all depends on the fish they all have different personality and temperament just like any other animal. I like zoas but can never keep them together with any angels.

Anthony Reefer
11/26/2012, 10:59 PM
I think I will keep easy cheap zooas that are colorful but not going to break my heart and my wallet when/if it decides to have a Zooaburger.

"I has coral Burger?...
...Nom Nom Nom"

alton
11/27/2012, 06:47 AM
In that size of tank I would go with a juvenile Red Sea Regal. My male took a week to eat, my female took 4 weeks to eat, and my juvenile from NY Aquatics ate the next day. My male does not not pick on corals, neither does my juvenile. My female is still in QT.

gweston
11/27/2012, 10:46 AM
My coral beauty is quite aggressive and likes to munch on some soft corals, though minimally. I had to move him to a 40 gallon, not in my 125 reef. He was beating up my clowns and harassing my Midas Blenny.

Still, neat fish. At least he is friendly to me. Prob because I = food.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2