PDA

View Full Version : TMC30 tank

Uael
11/28/2012, 02:09 PM
Anyone useing a TMC 30L tank for a mantis ?
looking at setting up a mantis tank and have one of these currently spare

Info on tank is below

MicroHabitat 30 Nano Reef Aquarium TMC
TMC MicroHabitat 30 litre (6.6 UK Gal) is a feature packed, plug-and-play marine set up perfect for small reef aquascapes, miniature corals, invertebrates and small fish. This aquarium provides an excellent introduction into the exciting and enthralling hobby of marine reef keeping.
Manufactured from high quality acrylic, it offers a clear view and is a light yet robust tank. It is compact and self-contained therefore ideal for any room in the house.
The TMC MicroHabitat Incorporates a high PAR AquaRay MiniLED 500 light system with 4 x lensed 10,000K white Cree� XP-E and 1 x un-lensed blue Cree� XP-E PowerLEDs. The white LEDs can be switched off to give a moonlight mode. This aquarium also includes the MountaRay lighting tank bracket.
The built in filtration system incorporates an integral pump with multidirectional outlet offers optimum water quality and minimal maintenance.
The equipment supplied contains a unique integrated air driven protein skimmer to ensure quiet operation and crystal clear water.
The MicroHabitat is supplied complete with a condensation lid, micro thermometer, hydrometer, an H2Air 60 air pump, non-return valve and a heater to allow for simple and quick installation. Dimensions: 300mm (w) x 330mm (d) x 300mm (h)
The tank must not be positioned in direct sunlight as this will lead to excessive algae growth and could result in the aquarium overheating.
A beautiful small aquarium that is fully kitted for keeping a miniature coral reef

lljdma06
11/28/2012, 02:18 PM
I just started with this whole mantis thing myself, but from what I understand, if you stay with small, diurnal species, you should be ok. I have Neogonodactylus wennerae, and N. curacaoensis. These stay pretty small and for me, they are available locally either free or for very inexpensive. I keep my wennerae in an old Biocube that I'm waiting to dismantle, I just haven't gotten around to it. I used to keep my curacaoensis in a spare 8g caulerpa/macro grow out tank, but I had to move it out. It's now in a temporary Spec home. Thank goodness it is still very small.

What type of mantis are you looking to keep? Some species are more sensitive to water quality than others. Some cannot have a system with any light. Some require more sand, it depends.

L

Uael
11/28/2012, 02:44 PM
Very limited on type we can order into the shops in the UK, seems to either be

Odontodactylus scyllarus or Squilla/Gonodactylus spp ?