PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using THRIVE STRONTIUM?

trinidiver
11/28/2012, 10:45 PM
Anyone using the strontium for their LPS. Over the last couple mths i've seen my LFS using it and having good results with color enhancements. He had started to use it after a shipment of corals came from the US (Miami) with some bright and vibrant colors. When asked, it was this he was using. Any info will be appreciated from anyone. If not, anyone has any product that they have been using to bring back color in LPS.

shifty51008
11/29/2012, 07:50 AM
I don't use it just for the fact I don't test for it. only add stuff to your tank your testing for, overdosig will do more harm than not adding at all. with regular water changes you should be getting enough anyway that you wouldn't need to dose but only testing will say for sure.

Sugar Magnolia
11/29/2012, 08:12 AM
Agree with Shifty. You should never dose something that you can't test for.

trinidiver
11/29/2012, 08:16 AM
Thanks for the response. I do a 50gal water change every 3wks. I use Reef crystals along with RODI water. I dont even let my TDS go above .2. Its just that some of my LPS has lost some color over the last couple mths and would realy like to know what to do to bring it back. I get fantastic growth in all my corals. Its just the color. Anyone going through this same issue. I am using the Salifert Aminoacids but i think i need to increase the dossage.

Sugar Magnolia
11/29/2012, 08:18 AM
What kind of lighting do you have? How old are the bulbs?

bnumair
11/29/2012, 08:18 AM
i good rule in this hobby is if u dont test for it dont dose it. and with the salts today in market you probably wont need nothing else to dose except for the 3 main cal alk and mag.

trinidiver
11/29/2012, 06:17 PM
What kind of lighting do you have? How old are the bulbs?

I'm running the Current USA Extreme pro hood. It has 12 - 39W T5's
8 - 12.000K & 4 - 03 violet actinics 420nm. The T5's are replaced every 6-7mths which was replaced just 3wks ago. My lighting is supplimented with two 4ft Tru-lumens 453nm actinic blue leds. I'm actually adding 2 more 4ft strips to get the additional pop.