PDA

View Full Version : Will I regret doing this? REMOVING the black tint

dnguyen1
11/28/2012, 11:23 PM
Hello guys, I have a 50g cube w/ the BLACK FILM in the back ... I'm trying to get the CLEAR look on all 4 sides, but I know that the overflow is based right in the middle of the back so will it even been smart to shave off the black film? Has anybody ever done this? Any pics please? Thanks :)

lokii_37
11/28/2012, 11:37 PM
Are you going to be viewing from all 4 sides? I just moved my tank to a new stand and i made sure to paint the back of the tank black when I moved it. IMO my tank looka way better with the black. Always looking atthe wall thru the back of the tank does not look good. also the black gives a lot more contrast to the tank which i really like.

Tmoriarty
11/28/2012, 11:45 PM
I have a 60 cube with a center overflow that I removed the black paint from the back of the tank.

It can look ok if the returns are plummed through the bottom or behind the overflow so they dont obstruct the view through the tank. If you want to view it from four sides, paint the section behind the overflow black, and run all your returns/drains internal in the overflow.

Carch melanopte
11/29/2012, 11:57 AM
You can always re tint it later if you dislike the new look. Just use window tinting used for cars. Painting it is always another more permanent option.

Fizz71
11/29/2012, 03:53 PM
If you're planning on having any rock against that wall...leave it on since you won't be able to clean it anyway.

kegogut
11/29/2012, 08:13 PM
I just put a black film on the back of my 120,it was clear but after I put it on was happy I did. If you do remove it make sure to leave enough room to put it back on later. lol~