PDA

View Full Version : Problem or normal, newish nem question

HiImSean
11/29/2012, 09:24 AM
i got a smaller GBTA about 2 weeks ago. it's been doing great, my clown isn't hosting it yet, and hasn't moved since i placed it in the tank. this week its been shrinking and looking like a pile of mush early in the morning and late at night then perking up as my lights ramp up. i'm running AI sol blues and have just the blues at 4% from 9pm to 9am. at 9am when my blues start to ramp up it inflates and has nice bubble tips as well. my lights peek for 4hrs with RB65%/B55%/W50%. then as soon as the get low again it looks real bad. is this normal?

parameters are
nitrate - 0
nitrite - 0
ammonia - 0
mag - 1400
alk - 9.5
ca - 450
po4 - 0.4 (i know high, working on it)

tank is right at 5months old.

BigBarnacles
11/29/2012, 10:27 AM
Seems pretty normal to me. Mine likes to tuck itself in as the lights go out and sometimes in the early morning. But it's big and beautiful throughout the day. It's been doing this for the six months that I've had it and its very healthy.

nathan_krauss
11/29/2012, 02:21 PM
Thats interesting because i have Royal blue, white, red, turquoise, and ultraviolet, and they are all set at 20% and my bulb tip doesn't even want to come out at all. when i had the metal halides it would come out at night but shrink in during the day. it would eat back then and was a monster in size, like a foot or bigger. I just wish that it would come out.