PDA

View Full Version : apex not working need help

RDDunn77
11/29/2012, 10:16 PM
my apex quit responding during my firmware update and now i cant do anything with it. i cant get to the webpage to control it and the display doesnt power up. it does still fire my leds to 10 or 20% but i have no control. the ethernet lights on the base are on and the light for the apex cable to my router is on but my router doesnt detect the apex no longer. ive had my apex 1 1/2 years now with no problems that i couldnt figure out. now i cant figure this one out. please help! this happened over thanksgiving weekend and im out of resources to research it any more. thanks for any help.

roger

kenargo
11/29/2012, 11:53 PM
What is the main Apex LED doing? From what you describe above it sounds like the firmware update may not have completed and that can be fixed by performing another firmware update. Have you tried updating the firmware again?

Remember, firmware and web pages are separate update operations and they must be done as a set (you can update web pages 1st and firmware after if you prefer) as long as both are updated.

RDDunn77
11/30/2012, 05:41 AM
the main display does not power up. ive tried to update again and again but no luck. is there a factory flash file that i can get? ive emailed neptune support a week ago but still have not gotten any answer from them. thanks for you help.

RussM
11/30/2012, 08:34 AM
the main display does not power up. ive tried to update again and again but no luck. is there a factory flash file that i can get? ive emailed neptune support a week ago but still have not gotten any answer from them. thanks for you help.The status light is not lit at all? What is the EB8 status light doing? I'm guessing it is flashing green. If the base unit appears dead, then you need to contact support. It's unusually that you did not get a response... they are normally very quick to reply to even routine questions. The best thing to do is send them a message via their support page: http://www.neptunesystems.com/support/contact-support/

RDDunn77
11/30/2012, 10:29 AM
The status light is not on. The eb8s are flashing. If I unplug the base unit then plug it back in the status light flashes yellow then goes out. I thought it was unusual that Neptune didn't respond. It was a holiday weekend. I will try & email them again. Thanks

RDDunn77
11/30/2012, 06:10 PM
second email sent

spazzmon
11/30/2012, 06:44 PM
The same thing happened to me and I thought my Apex was now just an expensive door stop. What you need to do is reflash your bios. When I emailed Paul at Neptune he walked me through the procedure. Your will have to reflash your bios while the Apex is in "boot mode". First bring up the flash program and tell it to flash the Apex. While it is doing this unplug all of the attachments that are hooked up to your Apex except the internet connection and the EB8. When the yellow light starts flashing on the Apex, check the flash program to see if it reflashing the Apex. If not restart the flash program until it acknowledges the Apex is in "boot mode" and is attempting to flash it. One other problem that I encountered that I didn't expect was that the Apex controller still used the old username and password and port number that I had before I unsuccessfully flashed it. So the username "apex", password "1234" and port "80" were not correct. You might have to change those parameters in the flash program to your old username/password/port number. Good luck!