PDA

View Full Version : Disinfecting a Reverse Osmosis System??

treetopflyn
12/01/2012, 11:02 AM
I recently traded for a used Filter Guy RO/DI. I purchased all the new filters but I want to Disinfect before using.

I was planning on just removing all the old filter and putting some bleach in each of the chambers and then hooking it up and let it fill.Then turn off and leave for 30 min and flush.

Advice appreciated

Sethjamto
12/01/2012, 11:19 AM
I'm redoing mine right now too. Got it used and just purchased all new filters and RO membrane. It was nasty inside. I plan on soaking in a vinegar and water solution for a little while then wiping it down. Once up and running, I'll flush it for a while before making my tank water.

downbeach
12/01/2012, 11:53 AM
I recently traded for a used Filter Guy RO/DI. I purchased all the new filters but I want to Disinfect before using.

I was planning on just removing all the old filter and putting some bleach in each of the chambers and then hooking it up and let it fill.Then turn off and leave for 30 min and flush.

Advice appreciated

Here's a good one from Buckeye Field Supply:

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee410/Downbeach88/SanitizeRO-DI.jpg

treetopflyn
12/01/2012, 12:13 PM
Thanks. After re installing the canisters to flush the canisters are leaking and no mater how tight I make them they still leak. Any ideas?

Lmart
12/01/2012, 01:11 PM
Spectrapure hs the same recommendation as BRS for maintenance.

Vinny Kreyling
12/01/2012, 04:07 PM
How are the gaskets, missing or shot is my guess.

treetopflyn
12/01/2012, 04:15 PM
I found it. It wasn't the canister it was the connector between the canister was dripping on to the top lip of the canister where I couldn't see it. tightened it up all good