PDA

View Full Version : Tunze 7096 Controller and 3 x 6055 Pumps

Didineedthis
12/01/2012, 03:20 PM
Hi,
i an using the Tunze 7096 Controller and 3 x 6055 nano-stream Pumps, is there a setting were i can just use the pumps for direct flow, i have a 75cm pentagon tank 80cm high, i have a pump in the bottom left and bottom right corner pointing behind the rock wall to keep the flow moving behind my live rock, the other pump is at the top right corner of the tank pushing water to the bottom left corner, can i just set it up as pump 1 and 2 to use 50% continues flow no pulsing just continues flow and pump 3 at 70% continues flow with no pulse.

Sorry i cant get my head round the setup of the controller hope you can help.

Best Regards

Macca_75
12/02/2012, 03:16 PM
Hi,
i an using the Tunze 7096 Controller and 3 x 6055 nano-stream Pumps, is there a setting were i can just use the pumps for direct flow, i have a 75cm pentagon tank 80cm high, i have a pump in the bottom left and bottom right corner pointing behind the rock wall to keep the flow moving behind my live rock, the other pump is at the top right corner of the tank pushing water to the bottom left corner, can i just set it up as pump 1 and 2 to use 50% continues flow no pulsing just continues flow and pump 3 at 70% continues flow with no pulse.

Sorry i cant get my head round the setup of the controller hope you can help.

Best Regards

You don't need the controller for that - just use the knob where the DC plug's in.

Seems like a waste of contrallable pumps and controller to me.

Didineedthis
12/02/2012, 11:19 PM
Hi thanks for the response,

"Just use the knob were the DC plugs in"

there is no knob were the DC plugs in !!

Regards

Didineedthis
12/03/2012, 12:24 AM
You don't need the controller for that - just use the knob where the DC plug's in.

There is no knob were the DC plugs in, not sure what pumps you have but they are not the same as mine. !!

Seems like a waste of contrallable pumps and controller to me.

The idea of having a controllable pump is so you can control the flow, i do not want to run the pump on pulse mode i want direct flow at a current that my fish and corals will be comfortable with, i don't want to blow them around the tank.

i bought Tunze controllable pumps as they are the quietest out there, not the cheapest but the quietest. For the 3 x pumps and the controller they cost me over £600, i would expect to be able to control the pump as i would like to after the amount of cash i have paid for them.

Best Regards

rvitko
12/03/2012, 10:10 AM
On the 6055 you change the voltage on the power supply to reduce the flow without a controller, the box the power supply was in had a small baggie with 12, 15, 18, 22 and 24V jumpers and 20V is generally preinstalled.

If you just set the controller so both speeds for a channel are the same you will get one constant speed with no pulsing.

Didineedthis
12/03/2012, 11:46 PM
Hi Roger,
Thank you, i have now swapped the jumper to 12v and reduced the flow with the controller connected to my PC, thanks for the info much appreciated, i now have happy fish :)
Best Regards