PDA

View Full Version : Bangai Cardinal breeding

joeyt66
12/02/2012, 05:39 PM
I started off with 2 bangers about 6 months ago . I put them in the display 220g. I noticed on the 9th of nov the male (didnt know before then) had something in his jaw. It was eggs. I let him be til friday the 30th I noticed at lights out they were both out swimming where i could net them, so i did. I put them in a breeder tank thats plumbed to my DT. The male still has the eggs in there . I dont see any babies peeking out but i know he is still holding something. I read 18-20 days. when they start releasing .I'm on day 24 now. Is this normal? Anything i should do?

sullyfish
12/03/2012, 09:02 PM
It's usually longer than 20 days, around 28 give or take so you have a few more days. My male holds them till about 30 days and I have to get them quick or else he will eat them.
What has been working well for me is around day 28 I will catch the male in the net and shake a bit and he will spit them out in the net. Makes it easy to collect the fry. I then keep them in a breeder box on side of tank and feed them baby brine for a month or so.