PDA

View Full Version : i think i screwed up! help! adding an EB8, now system dead

aa777rob
12/03/2012, 09:16 AM
i have a new EB8 i was trying to add to my system. before i ran all the cable i decided to plug it all in first. with the EB8 unplugged i plugged in the USB cable to the other EB8. the display darkened, then went off. i unplugged the new EB8 and unplugged the system. i rebooted it by unplugging the main system, the display shows menu items but isnt very responsive. it still shows temp and PH, but now nothing is working. what did i do wrong? i read the instructions and nothing gave a sequence on how to add the new EB8 so i thought i'd be safe plugging it into the USB before plugging it into the outlet. am i screwed now or what ? help!!

aquamanic
12/03/2012, 10:42 AM
You didn't do anything wrong. What happens if you connect the new EB8 to both the aquabus and power?

Have you tried (once the new EB is connected) to restart the controller?

aa777rob
12/03/2012, 01:38 PM
i did, unplugged the whole thing and let it sit, then plugged back in...im supposed to be getting a call from Apex abou 2 to troubleshoot it over the phone. he assures me its ok, just the new EB8 has it confused. here's hoping!!

aa777rob
12/04/2012, 08:11 AM
he called and got me all hooked up. one thing when the display is messed up, he said unplugging it can fix that. he remotely fixed everything, im back up and running. awesome CS!