PDA

View Full Version : Brown spot developing on Chromis?

Tetra84
12/08/2012, 10:04 AM
Anyone see this before?
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8081/8255310910_0401379b6e_c.jpg
Sort of looks like a sore.. but hard to tell for sure. It started forming the last few days, The Chromis is by itself, and has been in QT for the last 3 weeks.. I'd like to treat this.. but I don't know what it is..
Currently treating with Prazipro.
Water quality is where it should be.

b0bab0ey
12/08/2012, 10:50 AM
Could just be a cut or a minor infection.

However, you might want to do a little research on Uronema. Chromis are very prone to it. And this could possibly be the beginnings of it.

Tetra84
12/08/2012, 11:15 AM
wow.. just did some looking.. I certainly hope it's not Uronema.. that looks like a guaranteed death sentence. Guess I'll just keep a careful eye.. and be sure not to move him to the display till this is cleared up for sure.

MrTuskfish
12/08/2012, 02:58 PM
Could just be a cut or a minor infection.

However, you might want to do a little research on Uronema. Chromis are very prone to it. And this could possibly be the beginnings of it.

There seems to be a huge number of chromis with uronema lately. They also seem to be dying in huge numbers without any obvious reason. I have no idea why. If it is just a minor wound, it should heal nicely. If the reddish area grows and the fish obviously seems sick---that would be uronema. Don't let anything wet from the QT touch anything in your DT. I hope the fish heals; but if it is uronema and you lose it; its a poster fish for using a QT. Smart move!

Tetra84
12/08/2012, 06:23 PM
If it were Uronema.. how quickly would it take the fish? I mean, if it just looks like the same size sore after a few more days and the fish is still eating, would that rule it out?

b0bab0ey
12/08/2012, 11:29 PM
If it were Uronema.. how quickly would it take the fish? I mean, if it just looks like the same size sore after a few more days and the fish is still eating, would that rule it out?

I've never dealt with it personally, but everything I've read suggests the fish should develop multiple red sore spots if it is indeed Uronema.