PDA

View Full Version : WXM / MP10wES Questons

Spyderturbo007
12/09/2012, 12:58 PM
So I'm finally able to get around to hooking up my WXM and 2nd MP10wES to my Apex. Previously I was just using the Apex to turn on and off the Vortech and doing everything using the Driver provided by Ecotech.

I set up my profiles and have some questions regarding the programming.

Vortech 4_1 (Master) is actually plugged into outlet 3 on my EB8.
Vortech 4_2 (Slave) is plugged into outlet 8 on my EB8.

What do I use for the programming of those outlets since things are actually being controlled by the "Virtual" outlets created for the Vortech pumps?

As for my program, I want to use Reef Crest all the time during the day, and move to a low flow, constant current at night. I created a profile called ReefCrst and one called Night and set the appropriate maximum intensities.

Vortech 4_1

Fallback ON
Set ReefCrst
If Time 20:00 to 10:00 Then Night

Vortech 4_2

Fallback ON
Set Sync

Will that program do what I want?

I read the instructions inculded with the WXM regarding Sync and Anti-Sync and I'm still confused. From what I'm reading, Sync does exactly the same thing as the other pump. So if pump 1 is at 42% on Reef Creast pump 2 is also at 42% on Reef Crest.

What about Anti-Sync? Does that mean that if Pump 1 is at 42% Reef Crest then Pump 2 reverses direction and runs at 58% speed? All the directions say is "Opposite State". So I'm assuming that means that it runs in the other direction.

aquamanic
12/09/2012, 01:46 PM
Anti-sync doesn't reverse direction. It's just flow set to 100% - master pump %. So if the master pump is currently running at 70% then anti-sync means the slave is running at 30%. And I use those percentages as an example because you can set a max percentage for the various modes. Whatever your max % is, that's what I'm using as an example of 100.

Sync is as you describe.

And your program looks fine.

Spyderturbo007
12/09/2012, 01:51 PM
Thanks. What do I do with the outlets that the Vortech pumps are plugged into right now? I have them hooked up to the EB8 using outlet 3 and 8. Do I just delete everything in the program box for each of those outlets?

aquamanic
12/09/2012, 01:51 PM
Your question on which outlet do you control...

There's a physical outlet that you plug your pump's power into. It will have an outlet number that will correspond to the aquabus number of the EB8. You just leave that outlet alone - SET ON is all you need. In fact, you could plug the pump into a wall outlet for that matter. If your EB8 was at ID #4, then it would be called 'whatever'_4_1 (if it was in outlet #1). Again, you don't care about this outlet, it's on all the time - even if you want to turn your pumps completely off, just set the virtual outlet (below) to OFF.

Then there's a virtual outlet that gets created during the installation process of the WXM as you pair each pump with the WXM. That virtual outlet will have a virtual outlet number that corresponds to the aquabus number of the WXM. That's the outlet you program with Vortech profiles. So if your WXM was AB ID #3, you would have a virtual outlet called Vortech_3_1. Your second pump would be Vortech_3_2 and so on. Of course, you can rename that to make more sense for your setup.

Spyderturbo007
12/10/2012, 07:12 AM
Thanks for typing all that out aquamanic, it really helps me understand how things work. Can you look over this program for me? My clowns like to sleep right where the new power head goes and I'm worried that they might get sucked in or hurt.

Vortech 4_1

Fallback ON
Set ReefCrst
If Time 19:15 to 10:15 Then Night

Vortech 4_2

Fallback ON
Set Sync
If Time 19:15 to 10:15 Then OFF

I just want the Slave power head to turn off and only run the one at the other side of the tank from where they sleep.

aquamanic
12/10/2012, 07:31 AM
Assuming those are your virtual outlets (i.e. your WXM is at Aquabus address #4) then that program looks fine.

You have another choice other than OFF though for 4_2. If you define a profile using a mode = constant and an intensity of < 20%, the powerhead will go into the Ecotech 'Feed' mode (not to be confused with Neptune's feed mode) where the RPM's drop considerably (a chart is in the Reference Manual by pump). So you could do that without actually turning the pump OFF and letting critters crawl inside over night.