PDA

View Full Version : Apex External

orly20
12/10/2012, 01:11 PM
Hi,
I had the apex lite running lika champ at my house but I just moved the tank and had to do the wifi connections all over again.

I need to setup the bridge again with an ip address for external use but I forgot how to do it.

Can someone please point me to the right direction with this?

Its a netgear2001 adapter.

Thanks

RussM
12/10/2012, 02:11 PM
The IP address of the Netgear should not make a difference for external access as long as it is unique on your network.

orly20
12/10/2012, 03:04 PM
Hi Russ
I'm sorry I might have not Asked my question correctly.

I got the apex working wirelessly when on the home network but how do I get it to work outside the home network?

orly20
12/11/2012, 10:03 AM
Bump?

JustinFromAL
12/11/2012, 10:37 AM
Are you using a new router? If yes, you'll need to re-setup the port forwarding/NAT mapping in your router to your Apex.

Did you have a static address on your Apex? If not, your Apex IP address likely changed. You'll need to go into your router and fix the mapping. I would suggest giving your Apex a static IP or DHCP reservation as well.

Post a few more details about your setup (router model, Apex IP, etc.) and I'll check back later today.

orly20
12/11/2012, 10:49 AM
Thank You!!

Yes the apex is now working off another router and the apex ip did change. The router is a Belkin, I will be by the router tomorrow afternoon.

The apex ip: 192.168.2.5

Hopefully you can guide me through the steps again. I didnot really have to do much on the initial setup because the router and bridge were both netgear and they have some feature where they both hookup fairly easy on their own.

Thanks Again Justin

Spyderturbo007
12/11/2012, 11:07 AM
Go to here (http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Belkin/default.htm) and choose the correct model of your Belkin. On the next page, you'll probably need to choose "default guide" since I'm assuming that the Apex won't be listed as an available option. Then just follow the instructions.

orly20
12/12/2012, 01:00 PM
Spyder, RussM and Justin

Thank you all for helping me with my small delimma.

The site portforwarding.com also provides you with a portchecker that worked like a charm testing the port and giving me the external ip address.

Thanks Again