PDA

View Full Version : Blenniella chrysospilos bad idea?

Moort82
12/10/2012, 04:03 PM
I know blennies and clams are always a bit of a risk but i've seen plenty of people mix the two before. Currently i have a tailspot in with my clams and it has never even looked at them twice. I saw a skinny orange spot blenny that the lfs couldn't get to feed so took a chance and have it in a live rock filled qt to try and save it. I've always wanted one of these but deliberately avoided them because of the clams and after seeing what a molly miller did to my friends derasa (on a side note, i've seen and read a few time that derasa's seem to be nipped more and he does have two maxima and a squamosa as well which weren't touched ((apart from one bite on the maxima)) are derasa's more tempting?) i'm very very wary.
So has anyone had experience with this mix? If its very common to encounter problems i'd rather not try it. If there is a chance it will be ok then i'll give it a go and monitor it but i don't want to overly risk the clams, assuming i can get this little guy fed up and healthy again.

TIA

Moort82
12/11/2012, 07:03 AM
I'm guessing it might be a bad idea then.

kfisc
12/11/2012, 07:49 AM
I think the "are you experienced" aspect is difficult; I can say that the risk you've outlined outweighs the benefit. There are so many compatible fish, I'd rather go for one of those then venture with a possible problem inhabitant. Good luck-

Moort82
12/11/2012, 10:12 AM
Thanks, i've always been a cautious reefer and i'd rather not try something if i know i might have to end up stripping the tank or disturbing the inhabitants because i got "silly" with what i kept.
I'll see how it goes in qt and if need be will find a new home for it. I'm not risking the clams as i've waited years to keep them and they are doing really well.