PDA

View Full Version : Osmolator Nano 3152?

gotfrogs
12/10/2012, 08:59 PM
Is the osmolator nano 3152 for sale in the US yet? If not, when do you expect it to be available?

Thanks,
Clint

rvitko
12/11/2012, 10:11 AM
We got in 50 about two weeks ago and they went to dealers who had existing orders including Bulk Reef Supply, Premium Aquatics, Champion, AquaCave, Salty Critter, Salty Supply and Marine Depot as well as many local stores. We do expect more soon as likely the first ones have all sold out or were pre sold.

gotfrogs
12/11/2012, 06:45 PM
Thanks - I did not see it listed on any online stores. I will check all of those you listed.

BigRedNole
01/07/2013, 06:33 AM
Jumping in on this thread instead of posting a new one. I just set my tank up yesterday and I an in need of an ATO far more than the stupid bottle method on the Current Cardiff. I have not seen any official reviews of this ATO. My biggest concern is overflowing.

1. I know it has the subprocessor to stop after 5 minutes. What triggers it to go back on again?
2. Why not keep the IR sensor from the 3155?

I am just asking because I need to purchase an ATO today.

BigRedNole
01/07/2013, 06:34 AM
Double post

gotfrogs
01/07/2013, 09:22 AM
1) If it is like the full size version a power cycle (unplug it and plug it back in) will reset it.
2) I am sure this was done for cost and space savings.

rvitko
01/07/2013, 10:23 AM
Correct and the timeout is actually 3 minutes. The float switch is much cheaper technology than the optic sensor system, this system was really aimed at competing with the economy units out there and not to replace or compete against the Osmolator. It can only handle up to a 50 gallon set up due to the low pumping volume, basically in 3 minutes it will deliver no more than 1/2 gallon and shut itself off and then have to be reset manually if the float were to fail to trigger an end to top off. The float is replaceable and like all float switches, it will eventually fail and need to be replaced.