PDA

View Full Version : Anemone & Porcelain Crab

The Curious
12/12/2012, 07:17 AM
Hello all, I have a GBTA that, in the last year and a half, has split into about 10 clones. None of these clones are large, but I have managed, with a lil trickery, to get every last one of them on a small rock that now sits on top of the rest of my reef. the 'mother' is larger than the daughter clones, but not much larger. I also have a RBTA that has split once, this split in half and each half opens to the size of a baseball or so. The RBTAs are on the left side of my system, and the GBTAs are on the right/middle. My Maroon clown pays no attention what-so-ever to the small GBTAs, but happily moves back and forth between the RBTAs.

My question is about the antics of a porcelain crab. the only pictures I see online are of a crab in a large anemone. If the crab was placed around multiple small anemones would he be happy with that, or would that not fullfil his heart's desires?

Cryophilous
12/12/2012, 09:27 PM
Hello all, I have a GBTA that, in the last year and a half, has split into about 10 clones. None of these clones are large, but I have managed, with a lil trickery, to get every last one of them on a small rock that now sits on top of the rest of my reef. the 'mother' is larger than the daughter clones, but not much larger. I also have a RBTA that has split once, this split in half and each half opens to the size of a baseball or so. The RBTAs are on the left side of my system, and the GBTAs are on the right/middle. My Maroon clown pays no attention what-so-ever to the small GBTAs, but happily moves back and forth between the RBTAs.

My question is about the antics of a porcelain crab. the only pictures I see online are of a crab in a large anemone. If the crab was placed around multiple small anemones would he be happy with that, or would that not fullfil his heart's desires?

While I don't think anyone will really know as they don't answer any questions we ask them, I would think they would plenty happy. There are a lot of people out there that have porcelains with no anemones that do perfectly well.

ShelbyJK500
12/18/2012, 04:11 AM
I've had porcelains in tanks with no nems and they do fine. They usually hosted a colony of SPS or something close to good flow for filter feeding.