PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Fragging a Branching Frogspawn - Dremel?

Patrick Cox
12/13/2012, 01:52 PM
I have a large branching Frogspawn that I need to frag. I started out with maybe 3-5 small heads and I am up to 20 or so. It is about volley ball size. I don't have a bandsaw and I don't think bone cutters will work so I was thinking about buying a Dremel tool. Fragging is the only use of this tool I would have so I don't want to overspend. Please comment if you have used one of the smaller Dremels for Fragging or if you have other suggestions.

Thanks!

celamb89
12/13/2012, 04:22 PM
just use some diagonal cutters... cheap and work great! just make sure to cut at the bottom of the bone NOT the flesh

Patrick Cox
12/13/2012, 04:42 PM
just use some diagonal cutters... cheap and work great! just make sure to cut at the bottom of the bone NOT the flesh

What's a "diagonal cutter?" Can you send me a link? I have some bone cutters on order but I don't think they will be large enough to cut through a frogspawn skeleton. Thanks.

Raceimage
12/13/2012, 06:26 PM
Bone cutters should do the job. If you are using the dremel rotary, the diamond wheel will last the longest for fragging.

mkart
12/19/2012, 11:22 PM
Large set of wire cutters will work fine. Hammer corals cut easier than most hard corals.