PDA

View Full Version : T5 bi-pin socket/holder melted

ValorG
12/13/2012, 02:05 PM
Today I was looking at my t5-ho mini bi-pin fixture (was not in use) and noticed one of the sockets/holders for the bulb was melted. I want to replace it and just wanted to run this through you guys so I don't kill myself or burn the house.

I was looking for replacements and this seemed to fit. Will this work? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fluorescent-Light-Socket-T-5-Lamp-Holder-Mini-Bi-Pin-HO-/390508443020?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5aec1df58c

How do I attach the wires into that? It looks like it just has holes at the bottom and I'm not sure how the wires fasten in securely.

IF I wanted to run the fixture without this one bulb ( has 3 others) Could I just wrap the wires in electrical tape and not have to worry about it?

chris@CoralVue
12/13/2012, 09:10 PM
Today I was looking at my t5-ho mini bi-pin fixture (was not in use) and noticed one of the sockets/holders for the bulb was melted. I want to replace it and just wanted to run this through you guys so I don't kill myself or burn the house.

I was looking for replacements and this seemed to fit. Will this work? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fluorescent-...item5aec1df58c

How do I attach the wires into that? It looks like it just has holes at the bottom and I'm not sure how the wires fasten in
securely.

IF I wanted to run the fixture without this one bulb ( has 3 others) Could I just wrap the wires in electrical tape and not have to worry about it?

The wires enter the bottom of the socket and are held in by wire traps. What brand of ballast in this light?

Chris
CoralVue

Posted from ReefCentral.com App for Android

ValorG
12/13/2012, 10:13 PM
Thanks! The ballasts are "fulham work horse"

mrbigshot
12/13/2012, 10:57 PM
I had the same problem with my last t5 setups, tombstones and the vissche waterproofs. just replace the endcaps with something similar. reefgeek or brs should have them as well as some of the sponcers here. check to make sure the bulb isn't dammaged. usually the pins get melted when the encaps short like that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

chris@CoralVue
12/14/2012, 06:50 AM

You will most likely need to rewire you light to Fulham's 3 lamp wiring diagram. Home Depot or Lowes should have the replacement T5 socket to repair your light fixture.

Chris
CoralVue

chris@CoralVue
12/14/2012, 06:51 AM

You will most likely need to rewire you light to Fulham's 3 lamp wiring diagram. Home Depot or Lowes should have the replacement T5 socket to repair your light fixture.

Chris
CoralVue