PDA

View Full Version : Shrimp/gobi

Paul B
12/15/2012, 11:59 AM
This is interesting, well to me anyway. My little shrimp/gobi combination was missing for a week or so and I figured they croaked. But as I was crawling around the back of the tank (which is in a closet) I saw something move. It was the shrimp, he was digging a trench up against the back glass of the tank. I have a couple of inches of gravel mixed with years of rock, urchin spines, pieces of class, asphalt etc. and it looked like one of those ant farms. I didn't see the gobi but as I went to the front of the tank, I saw him emerge from a hole in the gravel there. It was about 15" from the shrimp. He jumped back into the hole and came out from the back door at the rear of the tank. I didn't know they made their tunnels so long.
Now I know and because the tunnel is against the glass, I can watch the both of them inside the tunnel.
I am beside myself. A few minutes ago I was over there, but now I am over here.

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh270/urchsearch/IMG_2259.jpg

disc1
12/15/2012, 01:10 PM
Cool. I have a big tiger pistol and YWG pair in my 75 and they can go from one end of the tank to the other completely under the sand. I thought it was pretty amazing too. None of their tunnels come up to the side glass but I can look up from the bottom and see a number of their little tunnels and chambers. It really is neat stuff.

bambam918
12/15/2012, 01:16 PM
Way cool. If you could get a photo of the run EOS against the glass that would awesome to see. I had to put my YWG and tiger shrimp in my sump because the substrate particles ended up all over my rock and corals.

Paul B
12/15/2012, 01:24 PM
I can't see them from the bottom because there is a UG filter in there and it has been there for 35 years so there is some sand under there also along with God knows what.