PDA

View Full Version : 250w HQI

dsu
05/05/2001, 11:52 PM
I am looking to replace my current Flourescent lighting with MH lighting, preferably 250w HQI bulbs with electronic ballasts.

What would be a good configuration for a 160 Gallon tank (2.5 feet deep)? Does IceCap fire 250w HQI bulbs?

Does Premium Aquatics ship internationally to Singapore and also in 220v/50Hz version?

Thanks, David

jasonfrey
05/06/2001, 03:41 PM
Hi David,

<<I am looking to replace my current Flourescent lighting with MH lighting, preferably 250w HQI bulbs with electronic ballasts. What would be a good configuration for a 160 Gallon tank (2.5 feet deep)? Does IceCap fire 250w HQI bulbs?>>

I would recommend one 10K 250watt HQI pendant for every 2 feet of tank space, you can stretch that to 3 feet, just keep the sps corals under the 2 feet zone of the halide. The PFO mini250watt hqi hoods are perfect for setting up, you can hang them, or mount into a hood, just leave yourself around 8-12" of height from the tank.

For a ballast, you can go PFO 250watt hqi, which is very dependable, but is very heavy. IceCap recently has came out with an hqi electronic ballast. It cost 179.95 and can be changed to 220volt for 20.00 extra. We would not be able to test the ballast though. The one drawback to going with Icecap is if you have problems you'll have a long wait mailing it back and fourth since you are out of the country. Icecap is excellent at fixing any problems, just means downtime.

<<Does Premium Aquatics ship internationally to Singapore and also in 220v/50Hz version? >>

Yes, shipping International is no problem, we have several customers from Singapore now. We can ship FedEX, UPS, or US Mail, Us Mail is pretty slow, but usually around 60% less then Fedex/UPS.

jason