PDA

View Full Version : what did I leave out?

LGB76
12/19/2012, 05:04 PM
I finally broke down and made orders for everything I think I need. I felt a little sick after spending all that money

Ati sunpower. 60" 6 bulb. +the bulbs
Two 6105 tunze
130 pounds dry rock
Red sea test kit
Hannah phosphates kit
Salifert kits. Nitrate. Nitrite. Ammonia
Thermometer x2. With controllers
Hy-5000 pump
SRO 3000 skimmer

I think im getting close to done,,,, thank god!!!

wooden_reefer
12/19/2012, 05:42 PM
I finally broke down and made orders for everything I think I need. I felt a little sick after spending all that money

Ati sunpower. 60" 6 bulb. +the bulbs
Two 6105 tunze
130 pounds dry rock
Red sea test kit
Hannah phosphates kit
Salifert kits. Nitrate. Nitrite. Ammonia
Thermometer x2. With controllers
Hy-5000 pump
SRO 3000 skimmer

I think im getting close to done,,,, thank god!!!

what do you want to have in your tank?

What are you doing for QT?

sponger0
12/19/2012, 05:49 PM
Auto top off?

RODI unit?

LGB76
12/19/2012, 06:12 PM
I have a 10 or 30 gallon for qt

Purchased my ro/di unit earlier.

I want to house just about anything possible in my tank

sponger0
12/19/2012, 06:12 PM
What about an ATO?

Refractometer?

Reactor?

Honestly I can go on and on lol

Mark Bianco
12/19/2012, 06:59 PM
Are you going to use a sump? I see you ordered a return pump, do you already have one? I see you have controllable Tunze what are you going to use to control them? A pump controller is not a must, but makes it nice. After you get up and going one thing that will make your life way way way easire would be a aquairum controller it will let you automate many things. There are so many things you can do with them like control your pumps, auto top off, heaters, lighting, test your salnity, ph, and so on...

LGB76
12/19/2012, 07:21 PM
The refractormeter I want is on backorder.
No auto top off yet. Still looking into them to see what I like.
I am going to purchase the tunze controller when it gets closer to te for fish amd corals.

What is a reactor?

What kind of controller are u talking about?

LGB76
12/19/2012, 07:26 PM
Yes. I will have a 55g sump/fuge

Mark Bianco
12/19/2012, 07:33 PM
There are several My favorite is the Apex, but that is what I own It controlls my ph reactor my return pumps my Tunze power heads my AI lighting, my auto topoff, my skimmer. Everything that on my aquairum is controlled thru it.

Another great thing about some controllers I can control and adjust my parameters form anywhere in the world via either my smart phone or an internet connection. It will also send you an email or a text message if a parameter is out of line.

A reactor there are several kinds calcium for instance what it will do is let you add calcium AKA adjust your ph via co2 disloved calcium carbonate. GFO reactors, carbon reactors and some others. The later ones are basically containers that you put a specific media in then run your tank water thru it, and depending on what type of media you have it treats the water.

Hope that helps

LGB76
12/19/2012, 09:59 PM
Mark.

What controller are u using?

Mark Bianco
12/20/2012, 05:52 AM
I use the Apex controller here is a link. http://new.neptunesystems.com/products/apex-controllers/apex-controller-system/