View Full Version : wanting to add fish

motojoe1988
12/21/2012, 10:36 AM
So I have a 4ft 60 gallon tank. So far the tank mates are
(1) 2inch blue tang
(2) paired occ clowns
1 pistol shrimp
1 cleaner shrimp
Had a ywg but havent seen him in over 2 week and no ammonia spikes?
So im looking for some reef safe fish. So heres my list let me know if I will have any conflicting issues with the fish list and real mates.
My tank has become a all bta tank with 1 sps and 2 plate montipora plates.
Fish list is
1 bicolor bleeny
1 midas bleeny
1 tail spot bleeny
1 diamond watchman goby
1 redhead goby
Maybe some suggestuons? Schooling fish? Fush that are active with personality?
Is there another fish like dottybacks that I may possibly be able to add aswell?
Or any fish u recommend? Please help as I'm looking to place an order soon. I do have a dsb of 4inch and open swim area with 3 seperate rock piles to accomodate for the fish.Thanks in advance!

motojoe1988
12/21/2012, 10:39 AM
Or if I should get maybe 2 of a certain fish already mentioned. Any experiences with these fish? I do have a screen top. Just need to throw it back on from the last time I did maintenence on the tank.

Redhaloangel
12/21/2012, 11:47 AM
I dunno about those fish.. but my favorite amazing personality wise fun to watch fish would be a cleaner wrasse.. i have one and its one of my favorites... it swims amazing like and when it is feeding time it likes flips out in the water, soo cool to watch!

here is a photo of the fish:

motojoe1988
12/21/2012, 11:51 AM
Ill take that into consideration Thank you. Any others?

Redhaloangel
12/21/2012, 12:19 PM
mystery wrasse!! wow those are neat looking as well.. lol and maybe a flame angel those are awesome looking too :)

i have a flame angel as well and i really want a mystery wrasse.. one of my first favorite fishes that i ever saw for saltwater aquariums!

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/mystery%20wrasse

motojoe1988
12/21/2012, 12:31 PM
I'm curious as to what problems People have with Angels and wrasses to the fish in my to he added list and any concerns to a all anemone tank?

Redhaloangel
12/21/2012, 12:43 PM
well i am a newbie, but i have a flame angel and that cleaner wrasse together and the cleaner wrasse is left alone and he will clean off of the other fish.. :)

and i have seen cleaner wrasses and mystery wrasses together in a tank with a couple bubble tip anemones.. and in my tank i have a long tenticle anemone, and i havnt seen any problems.. and i am hoping to add a mystery wrasse to my tank.. ( i cant add too many more fish i allready have 5 in there and my tank is 75 gallons..)

MrClam
12/21/2012, 01:13 PM
Cant claim to be an expert but from everything I've read that tank is far too small for a blue tang. If its a powder blue or a pacific blue it needs at least 125g tank.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1946007

Check out the tang size thread

motojoe1988
12/21/2012, 01:47 PM
Mrclam Thank you Captain Obvious.. I know and don't plan keeping him much longer. But thanks for being the Millionth person on r.c to tell me! Now if I can only get an answer towards the original questions. Thanks

MrTuskfish
12/21/2012, 02:38 PM
Mrclam Thank you Captain Obvious.. I know and don't plan keeping him much longer. But thanks for being the Millionth person on r.c to tell me! Now if I can only get an answer towards the original questions. Thanks

....probably would have been a good idea to mention that in the 1st post then. I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned sooner. It should have been. 90% of the time, the OP doesn't have a clue that its a mistake.

DustyReefer
12/21/2012, 11:24 PM
well i am a newbie, but i have a flame angel and that cleaner wrasse together and the cleaner wrasse is left alone and he will clean off of the other fish.. :)

and i have seen cleaner wrasses and mystery wrasses together in a tank with a couple bubble tip anemones.. and in my tank i have a long tenticle anemone, and i havnt seen any problems.. and i am hoping to add a mystery wrasse to my tank.. ( i cant add too many more fish i allready have 5 in there and my tank is 75 gallons..)

IME other wrasses are pretty accepting of cleaner wrasses just due to their cleaning behavior. Most fish Iv'e seen love to get cleaned. When I added a cleaner to my tank with a pre established solorensis wrasse and leopard there was no aggression whatsoever, and the solorensis is usually not too welcoming to any newcomers to the tank.

rssjsb
12/22/2012, 11:10 AM
Please don't get a cleaner wrasse. (1) They may not eat what you feed; (2) even if they do eat, they can harass tank mates trying to clean them and (3) they should remain on the reef doing their jobs.

As to your other choices and other suggestions above, you should pick one of those blennies to avoid bickering. Same may pertain to the gobies. Then you could add 1-3 flasher wrasses or maybe chalk bass (if you'd prefer something blue) to get some movement in your tank. Mystery wrasses are nice, but they won't get along with your four-line (same family). They can get kind of nasty in the long term anyway.

BTW, fish won't "school" in home aquariums. As I said, you could keep two or three wrasses without a problem, but be sure to put a top on your tank because they will jump. Only a matter of time.

Redhaloangel
12/22/2012, 12:51 PM
yes i have a top.. i seen fish jump.. lol

my cleaner wrasse eats all the food i put in, i guess im lucky.. lol

motojoe1988
12/22/2012, 01:07 PM
So only pick one of the bleenies. Do wrasse get aggressive towards clowns? I have no problem pouring my screen top back on.what about a couple gobies? Would they be fine together? Any other fish that are reef safe? Its a all bta tank