PDA

View Full Version : Aquascaping help

rogergolf66
12/22/2012, 09:44 PM
Ok I have done many large tanks but never a nano. Tips please for rock scaping a 29 gal bio cube please.

Roger

Clarkii3
12/23/2012, 06:25 AM
you should post pictures so we can tell you what we think looks best

rogergolf66
12/23/2012, 07:38 AM
I haven't don't it yet. I was hopping to get some tips that would help me so I wouldn't have to do multiple. Times of redoing it :)

reefscape15
12/23/2012, 07:51 AM
It's best to use many small rocks and lots of epoxy to achieve a unique look, rather than a large piece or two. Try to figure out what look you want to go for and start playing around with ideas. It usually takes many tries to get it right so don't get discouraged

Chriskk
12/23/2012, 07:55 AM
I agree with reefscape you can achieve, cavy, Islands etc. Whatever you do in bigger tanks just using smaller rock.

BAGGERZ13
12/23/2012, 09:45 AM
Aquascaping is a lot of personal preference. There are a few things you need to keep in mind. You want good flow all the way around your tank. So that being said if you put your rock on the back wall you will have a lot of dead spots which makes it a pain in the butt to clean. I love the corner look against both the sidewalk and the back wall. I will have to add a powerhead in the near future. I hope this helps. Oh yeah I also went on YouTube and looked at aquascaping on there as well. Bulkreefsupply has a few videos on how to aquascaping and what things to keep in mind.

BAGGERZ13
12/23/2012, 09:55 AM
There is a website that I remember looking at when I was looking for LR. I believe it was thatpetplace.com and they sell 20-40 pounds of Fiji nano live rock in smaller prices designed for nano tanks. It was decently priced as well.

brianspider
12/23/2012, 04:52 PM
The key to keep in mind is that all space needs to be maximized and used most efficiently in a nano. I would start by looking at different tanks and deciding what types of features you like. Do you want as much free sand bed as possible? An island? A pillar? Arches? Or just a single structure with good viewing angles?

Once you know what kind of features you want, pick out rock judiciously. Try to choose individual rocks at a LFS that you can imagine being shaped into the structures you want. Once you got your rock, draw it out. Then try to build it outside the tank. When you are happy, try building it back inside your tank. Good luck.