PDA

View Full Version : Alarm issue

NH Fish
12/23/2012, 08:43 AM
I had a power outage of a couple seconds. Everything is back running properly except that the status is giving me time of outage and it says time restored "N0NE" This keeps sending me an alarm every hour of a power outage. Anyway to reset this? I tried to kill main power again but same thing happens.
Thanks
Dave

RussM
12/23/2012, 10:19 AM
You probably have enabled the Power Monitor feature, but do not have the proper conditions to use that feature. Disable Power Monitor on the Misc Setup page. I'll explain more when I'm not tapping on my phone.

Also, please post your email alarm program.

RussM
12/23/2012, 12:38 PM
OK, I'm on a real computer now.

The Apex has two modes of power monitoring. By default, the Apex can detect the loss of power on an EB8 if there is more than one EB8 installed or there is an aux 12v power supply connected to the Apex, using the If Power EB8 statement. The If Power Apex statement will only indicate when the Apex is rebooted.

The Power Monitor feature should really be called Advanced Power Monitoring, IMO, because it doesn't actually enable power monitoring, it changes the behavior. To properly use Power Monitoring. you must have an aux power supply AND must have at lest one EB4 or EB8 connected to UPS. If you don't have both of these conditions met, then the Power Monitor feature needs to be left at its default setting of Disabled. If both conditins are met and Power Monitor is enabled, then the Apex will use the 12v aux power input as a power sensor. The If Power statement can then be used to detect if power is lost on the 12v adapter.

If Power Monitor is enabled and you do NOT have the necessary setup, then the Apex will always think it is in a constant state of power loss, resulting in the alarm emails you are getting and the None indication for Power Restored.

NH Fish
12/23/2012, 12:52 PM
Thanks. I disabled the power monitor and it now says power restored. Should be ok now.
Dave