PDA

View Full Version : Fish in the dark for a few days?

yellowtruck75
12/26/2012, 07:07 AM
I am mounting 2 Radions over my 90 but didn't finish my hood yet. I have the opportunity to go the fish store today to get my first fish without having lights done yet. Will it hurt to have the fish in the dark for a few days? The is light from the window during the day so it's not pitch black.

ValorG
12/26/2012, 07:17 AM
Ambient lighting is enough. They will be fine.

bnumair
12/26/2012, 07:49 AM
fish dont need light to live. it will be fine.

thebkramer
12/26/2012, 07:51 AM
the ocean has dark days :lol2:
it should be fine, I go 3 days lights out once a month due to cyano.. any longer than that.. I have no clue..
BUT!!! You aren't going to quarantine your fish first?!?!?! I would HIGHLY suggest putting in QT before introducing to your DT!! just my opinion though!!!

what kind of fish? just curious lol Good Luck!!!

yellowtruck75
12/26/2012, 08:53 AM
What about an anemone for my clowns that I would like to get? I think I might be pushing it.

thebkramer
12/26/2012, 09:10 AM
you mean in the dark?? how long are going without lights?
and remember there are no guarantees that the fish will "go in" the anemone. I've had my clowns and PTA for 18mos now.. and my clowns have nothing to do with my nemmie. :sad1: but thats ok!!
like I said.. I do lights out for 3 days every month trying to get rid of my cyano with no problems in my tank. Are you getting nem at lfs? maybe purchase it and have them keep it there until you get your lights? but my other question then is.. how long has the tank been running?? I would say wait atleast 6 mos if its new before adding a nemmie.. as they need an established tank IMO.