PDA

View Full Version : Doser Malfunction

Kroghs
12/29/2012, 07:25 AM
Doser malfunction and I dosed about 1 liter of NO3:PO4-X into my 65 gallon reef tank yesterday. Everybody stressed and starting to lose specimens. Should I continue dosing the 6 mls per day, or should I stop and for how long? Doing 10% water changes every couple of hours. No quarantine tank. Any suggestions?

Avast Marine
12/30/2012, 10:10 PM
Kroghs,

Were you using an ATO to dose chemicals with? I hope you understand that is not the intended application for our product and I am terribly sorry that your tank is stressed. Waterchanges are your best bet right now. I dont know enough about the po4x product to offer any suggestions for that, but I would try asking in the chemistry forum before continuing to dose.

Kroghs
01/01/2013, 06:14 AM
Great idea Dan, will do. Still getting used to forums and appreciations, what does ATO mean? I was using a doser to add the NO:POX.

Avast Marine
01/02/2013, 09:31 AM
ATO= Auto Top Off

It is intended to replenish fresh water to your tank cause by evaporation. If you were not clear on that and have no use for this piece of equipment please submit a ticket through the contact form on our site and we can see about accepting this as a return.

The ATO deluxe pumps 100ml/minute so your not going to be able to dose 6ml/day with any sort of reliability.

Kroghs
01/03/2013, 03:42 AM
I was not using an ATO pump, thanks for clearing that up. Bob

Avast Marine
01/03/2013, 07:04 AM
What exactly malfunctioned? The only dosing related item we sell is the storage containers.