PDA

View Full Version : Android App

lewismw
12/29/2012, 09:36 AM
Ok - I have search up and down for the Apex App on the Google Play store and cannot find anything from Neptune or Apex. I feel this is misleading to have a statement on the Neptune website that claims The Apex is the only controller on the market that has manufacturer-written, full-featured applications for the computer browser (Mac or PC), iPhone, iPad, and Android phones and tablets.

I understand you can use the browser to access the controller, but to have verbiage on the website that claims that Apex is the only controller to have a "manufacturer-written" App on the android market is simply not true.
Unless i am missing something, i consider this false and misleading advertising. I would suggest some text letting the public know that there is indeed NO android app at this time. :angryfire:
no one likes to buy a product and find out the features advertised are not available.
If i am wrong please let me know where i can download the app.

RussM
12/29/2012, 09:58 AM
The Android app exists. It's in beta testing and hopefully will be available to the public soon.

shonc182
12/29/2012, 10:48 AM
Recently purchased this product and found it to be a phenomenal product at a reasonable price. It has performed flawlessly so far, but I must echo OP's comment that it is a disappointment to find out that the android app is not available. I would have purchased this product anyway - but it leaves you with that, "Great product but they didn't quite give me everything they said they would" feeling.

lewismw
12/29/2012, 11:12 AM
Recently purchased this product and found it to be a phenomenal product at a reasonable price
shonc182 - I agree totally - i was very excited to get this for xmas! I think it is overall an excellent product. RussM - In fact it would still be an excellent product with out having to explain why something "exists" but is not available. Simply leave misleading statements off the website and customer expectations will be accurate with what we receive. :headwalls: ...dark matter exists, its just not available...:headwalls:

TerenceF
12/29/2012, 11:40 AM
You are all very correct in what you say. Truth is we HAVE been working very hard on the Android app (and many other goodies for you guys) and like many tech projects have slipped past the time in which we had hoped the next beta would be ready for public consumption.

The real mistake is that I personally made that web site update regarding Android availability right at the time we had thought we were ready to release. And, when it slipped had forgotten to alter it or remove it completely. So that is my mea culpa. For this I apologize as we never want to mislead anyone.

We rarely give out firm release dates simply because we know how it goes, especially with a brand new offering. Our hope is that our customers will be understanding as we are doing our best to bring this new app to market, free of charge, and continue to delight our customers.

I will not make a commitment here as to a release date, but I do believe you may be ringing in the new year with an official Android app!

lowscooby76
12/29/2012, 11:53 AM
keep up the good work i like the new look and i like that this has been a great beta test.it is nice to have a beta test with little to none bugs to be fixed.just get it right is all i care to then i will keep using AquaNotes or Apex that can be found on http://www.1mobile.com

http://www.1mobile.com

RussM
12/29/2012, 07:30 PM
Geesh don't shoot the messenger. I was merely sharing what I know and pointing out that the app isn't vaporware.