PDA

View Full Version : I think I f'd up, need hep!

jlschweda1971
12/30/2012, 11:18 AM
I had bought some tiny mushrooms and had some others that had seem to fallen off the rock that they were on. I'm assuming that happened when I did some rearranging of the LR. Anyway, a guy at LFS suggested to put them in a small plastic container with some holes for flow in the hope the loose ones would attach to some small pieces of rock I put in with them.

After a while, I didnt like the way it looked in the tank and my blenny loved to go in there and sit and watch the goings on. Me, being all knowledgeable (not!) thought it would be better to put them into the QT where they wouldn't be bothered. I did that last night and just this morning realized that I am treating the water in the QT with Cupramine.

Is this going to kill the shrooms? Should I take them out, rinse them in RO water and put them back in the DT?

Please help!

hillscp
12/30/2012, 11:32 AM
Yes, copper will kill them. Take them out, rinse them with salt water from the display and put them back in the display tank.

bnumair
12/30/2012, 01:01 PM
mushrooms are tough and cupramine is a weak/safer form of copper.
u might get lucky take them out rinse them in saltwater, if u have a coral dip revive use that and place them in main again.
good luck.

salt-lik
12/30/2012, 03:06 PM
I wouldn't bother taking them out. They'll likely die back a bit if exposed to the copper for a prolonged time but they'll more than likely come back.

DC650
12/31/2012, 05:58 AM
Hope they survive.

lance1337
12/31/2012, 06:03 AM
yes, copper will kill them. Take them out, rinse them with salt water from the display and put them back in the display tank.

+1

rworegon
12/31/2012, 09:41 AM
Personally I wouldn't put them back into the DT. Mushrooms are cheap and fast growing. Chalk it up to a "learning experience" and get some new shrooms.