PDA

View Full Version : Randys mg solution mix question

x2uranium
12/30/2012, 08:23 PM
In the mg how much per gallon will be cups of mg cl and to how many cups to epsom salt. Also I mix usually in a 1 gallon container, Should i add to the ingredients to my container and fill to 1 gal? or Fill one gal of water and dissolve solution in a larger container?

Tennismurph
12/30/2012, 08:35 PM
Funny, I got on looking for a dosing ballpark recomendation and saw your question. Here's an old post that I didn't know how to re-post very well...hope it may help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sn4265
I guess my biggest question is how much of the MgCl/MgSO4 mixture should I add to raise 25 gal by about 100 ppm? I'm just trying to get some kind of ballpark so I'm not testing my first batch of water 7 times or something.

5 parts of MgCl to 3 parts MgSO4. The easy way to do it is 5 cups of MgCl to 3 cups of MgSO4 to make a total volume of 1 gallon solution.

to raise 25 gallons by 100 ppm with this mixture formula you would need 201.6 mls of 6.8 fl. oz. of the solution.

What I actually did is went to the bulkreefsupply.com website. There is a blue tab on the right upper area that says videos and instructions. Go to instructions and click on recipe 1 bulk mixture instructions. You will also have the calcium and alkalinity instructions. The mag instructions are there also.

Also on the website there is a reef calculator for these mixtures. Good luck.

Alex

Tennismurph
12/30/2012, 08:38 PM
regarding how to add: add all dery ingredients to your 1 gal jug, fill with water and shake. It may heat up and take awhile to all dissolve. good luck Murph

x2uranium
12/30/2012, 08:59 PM
ok, figured that how to do it. At least thats how I have been doing it just wanted to make sure.