PDA

View Full Version : Which anemone?

mikmac
12/30/2012, 09:01 PM
I have 2 percs that have been in my tank for about 4 months now with a few other corals i would like to get a nice anemone but not sure which one is the best for these two fish? i tried a seabae and they wanted nothing to do with it. Any suggestions?:headwally:

velvetelvis
12/30/2012, 09:32 PM
Unless you are very experienced at keeping anemones, I wouldn't recommend anything but a bubbletip. Anemones are very challenging to keep. Bubble tips are relatively hardy with proper care and conditions, and most clowns will go into them. Do lots of research and think carefully before buying *any* anemone, however.

Nam Nguyen
12/30/2012, 11:07 PM
bubble tip for me

gg1111
12/30/2012, 11:20 PM
+1 bubbletip

rssjsb
12/31/2012, 11:16 AM
Also, for BTAs or any of the other reasonably easy anemones suitable for a beginner, be prepared to wait a while. They might not take to the anemone for anywhere from months to a year.

Mr.Saltz
12/31/2012, 03:26 PM
BTA for sure. They also seem to settle in faster than others, which is good if you have mixed coral. Ofcourse this all depends on the flow and scape of your tank.

greg1786
01/01/2013, 02:24 AM
While i agree that the bta is the easiest in terms of care its not the natural host anemone for percs. If you go with a bta your clowns may never host in it. For perc clowns the natural hosts include sebae , and h. Magnifica. With a mature tank, pristine water , stable params, and good proper husbandry you can keep h. Magnifica which are beautiful nems btw. Picking the natural host gives you a far better chance that your clowns will take to it. Do a ton of research and ask a lot of questions. Be sure youve covered everything and that you meet lighting requirements, water conditions etc etc and you can be successful with a harder nem. There is a member on rc named orion and he has a ton of experience with keeping nems i value his opinion greatly. Maybe you could get some advice from him. Ultimately its your choice and whatever decision you make i wish you luck!! Hope that helped