PDA

View Full Version : Tbsaltwater

hossa81
01/01/2013, 01:51 AM
Trying to find a good vendor. Has anyone dealt with them for their n. wennera delivered to your door for 50 bucks. I don't really understand the whole checkout process for this, can someone help? I don't want to go to an airport and pick up my mantis shrimp, it says delivered to door, does that mean shipping is included with price. I will probably email the guy that runs the website when i com closer to purchasing. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Fitz19d
01/01/2013, 05:33 AM
If it says price is "$50 Delivered" Means postage included. I'd forgotten where but I did recall some website having mantis for sale cheap but it was kinda a random luck of the draw what you got.

Most of the others selling mantis will have the item for xx$, and then at checkout you see the cost of shipping to your location then decide whether that's ok. (So for me a lot of places is like $50 in shipping or more, so currently trying to run down a LFS to order one.)

Fartin'Gary
01/01/2013, 07:55 AM
Are you kidding with this? There is a thread right above this that is titled "Where to buy mantis shrimp online".

hossa81
01/01/2013, 09:31 AM
Are you kidding with this? There is a thread right above this that is titled "Where to buy mantis shrimp online".

I read that. I went to the website and the checkout process seemed wierd, so i wanted to know how the checkout worked.

Jacwil
01/01/2013, 10:04 AM
Just email or call them and ask your question! !! Vendors don't bite!!!

hossa81
01/01/2013, 10:08 AM
I will, but the tank isn't even set up yet so when i come close to ordering, i'll shoot him an e mail. Just wanting to see if anyone had luck with their mantis shrimps.

Multiham
01/01/2013, 10:50 AM
TB Saltwater is a sponsor on Reef Central. Just go to the sponsor forum and send a private message to them. The owners name is Richard and he always gets back to me quickly. I once inquired about a mantis and the $50 cost included shipment to your door. The airport scenario is if you are buying live rock as he actually ships the rock in water therefore dramatically cutting down on the normal die off.

Jacwil
01/01/2013, 11:18 AM
Our wennerae from TBS is doing fine.

ebacon
01/02/2013, 02:07 PM
I am not a fan of wet liverock it sounds like a good idea at first but it only takes one bad hitchhiker to totally screw up your display tank

hossa81
01/03/2013, 03:03 PM
I guess thats why you add the live rock first.

lionbacker54
01/05/2013, 07:52 AM
i have ordered from TBS several times, and they are hands down the best online vendor. you are correct, btw, about the mantis shrimp. it is $10, plus $40 shipping. and it will be fedex overnight to do your doorstep.

the stuff about going to the airport is if you want to order the live rock.

bobt2
01/06/2013, 06:45 AM
i,ve ordered rock from tbs before.the only bad hitchicker were the mantis shrimp.

tanglover123
07/23/2013, 11:07 AM
Sorry about reviving this thread, but im about to order one wennerae shipped to your door, and i asked richard if i have to pick it up at a airport and everything and he said no its shipped to your door, but in the order form i dont know what to put for designated airport, do i leave it blank? it has the red * and he stopped responded when i asked him and im in a hurry, i live in michigan.

hossa81
07/23/2013, 11:20 AM
Just don't fill in the box. I got one from him and it was shipped in a little styrofoam box that was impossible to open. Bought one from him and I love it, they make great pets. Mine came blue not orange like the picture shows.

Anomal0caris
07/24/2013, 11:40 AM
I got my wannera from them and she is still happy and healthy! i didnt get it shipped, i just got it for the $9 dollars and picked it up from one of the employees house since i live just south of tampa

hossa81
07/26/2013, 01:37 PM
I got my wannera from them and she is still happy and healthy! i didnt get it shipped, i just got it for the $9 dollars and picked it up from one of the employees house since i live just south of tampa

Sounds like you got a good deal.

schudini
07/29/2013, 11:56 AM

I'll have to remember this next time I'm in Tampa.

lionbacker54
07/31/2013, 05:49 PM
Sorry about reviving this thread, but im about to order one wennerae shipped to your door, and i asked richard if i have to pick it up at a airport and everything and he said no its shipped to your door, but in the order form i dont know what to put for designated airport, do i leave it blank? it has the red * and he stopped responded when i asked him and im in a hurry, i live in michigan.

I think you just leave the airport blank. To be clear, write in the comment box that you are FedEx to home