PDA

View Full Version : Mandrin Goby

2x2
01/01/2013, 11:14 PM
I have had one in my tank for over 6 months (90G), and doing fine. Long story short about a month ago I disbanded my refugim without thinking about my Goby friend's food source. He seems to be fine so far but should I supplement?

MisterX
01/01/2013, 11:31 PM
I have had one in my tank for over 6 months (90G), and doing fine. Long story short about a month ago I disbanded my refugim without thinking about my Goby friend's food source. He seems to be fine so far but should I supplement?

Does it eat frozen? Do you not have any pods in your DT? If the answers are NO to both then you'd have to supplement.

Mine eats frozen and probably picks off whatever pods it can catch in the DT. I don't do anything special for it.

2x2
01/01/2013, 11:37 PM
Does it eat frozen? Do you not have any pods in your DT? If the answers are NO to both then you'd have to supplement.

Mine eats frozen and probably picks off whatever pods it can catch in the DT. I don't do anything special for it.

Yes, i have POD's in my tank. Could one Goby eradicate them all? I am concerned there will be enough, does not eat frozen.

joshPensacola
01/02/2013, 12:18 AM
he will be fine. you have more pods in your tank than you would know. and he knows how to find them.

b0bab0ey
01/02/2013, 10:43 AM
Yes, i have POD's in my tank. Could one Goby eradicate them all? I am concerned there will be enough, does not eat frozen.

Do you have any wrasses? IME, they will quickly decimate a pod population.

2x2
01/02/2013, 10:58 AM
No Wrassel.

With lights out, i can shine a light on the rocks and see many small critters dashing for cover.

Sk8r
01/02/2013, 12:11 PM
My blog has a post on mandarin requirements. They can clean out a tank faster than you'd believe. If you have a 50 gallon tank and a VERY mature 20 gallon fuge you can support a small one.

sponger0
01/02/2013, 01:54 PM

Yes.

And its not a goby.

Mark Bianco
01/02/2013, 07:22 PM
My mandiran eats bloodworms and mysis shrimp and I have had him for 2 years now. I also have a large wrasse

kevin32
01/02/2013, 07:27 PM
My mandiran eats bloodworms and mysis shrimp and I have had him for 2 years now. I also have a large wrasse

Which kind of mandarin goby? Live bloodworm?

2x2
01/02/2013, 11:25 PM
Yes.

And its not a goby.

Jees, it's the newbe section right? There are some resemblance. Anyway, i looked it up. Now i get it. Thanks

2x2
01/02/2013, 11:39 PM
My blog has a post on mandarin requirements. They can clean out a tank faster than you'd believe. If you have a 50 gallon tank and a VERY mature 20 gallon fuge you can support a small one.

So far I supported one in my 90 for 6 months but I am worried about it. The fish was sold to me from my LFS as a way to combat flat worms. I quickly figured out he was wrong about that and flat worm exit took care of that problem for me.

This is a an awesome fish to watch, hope I can keep it on track.

2x2
01/02/2013, 11:57 PM

I reviewed your bolg on the subject and it was helpful.

It's a green mandarin i have.

Mark Bianco
01/03/2013, 05:16 AM
Which kind of mandarin goby? Live bloodworm?

Blue and green physicdelac (SPL) and the mysis and bloodworms I buy are frozen then I thaw them with a little tank water.

Mark