PDA

View Full Version : Yellowstripe Maroon Clownfish

jmifland
01/02/2013, 08:40 AM
Can two young Yellowstripe Maroon Clownfish be kept together if introduced at the same time? I have read on a number of websites that they must be kept alone but I have also found that a couple sites have said that a male and female can be kept together. I figure that if they are introduced at a small enough size that it would give them time to determine who will be the dominate female.

I am planning on getting an RSM 130D aquarium as well which is roughly 30 gallons of water with live rock and sand included. Is that enough room to keep two Yellowstripe Maroon Clownfish and maybe one more fish that would be around the same size to avoid aggression?

Frankie11977
01/03/2013, 09:26 AM
They are a more aggressive clown, but you are correct about adding them while young and at the same time. You will just have to keep an eye on them. I would say there is a 50/50 chance that they will be allright together. If they fight heavely then you might have to remove one or the other.

PrincessPeach9
02/21/2013, 09:44 PM
I added my two at the same time. they were tiiiiiiiny when I did so and I've had them since July. they seem to be doing great.

Posted from ReefCentral.com App for Android