PDA

View Full Version : I feel like a drug dealer

harleychic
01/02/2013, 11:53 PM
The economy forced my mom and I to close our business, lose our homes, and become reluctant roommates. Actually, things have been working out. What is funny is how she would come to my old home and have little interest in my reef. All of a sudden, she is watching all my little tanks, it is so cute. She was originally disgusted that I was willing to feed a live star fish to my harlequin shrimp. Now she must monitor my harlequin's feeding, and tells me I am a bad reef "mom" if my shrimps go a day without a star! The other day I came home from work and she told me how upset she was because one of my tube anemones was dead. (It was retracted).
I am starting to think I may have created a monster, though, she just doesn't understand why I can't set up the empty 55 gal for her coveted P. Volitans. I have explained over and over that she can have a dwarf lion, "It just isn't the same! I like the "P" one!" Lol

r-balljunkie
01/03/2013, 03:25 AM
i hope things get better for you economically. what doesnt kill you makes you stronger, right? sounds lie you and moms are making a reef connection, which sounds awesome.

2013!!!! may this be the year that was for the both of you.

C

markaren
01/03/2013, 05:37 AM
I think that is pretty cool. The rest of life will take care of itself.

fishman1069
01/03/2013, 05:52 AM
I think thats cool youe mom is showing interest in reefs. Its sux what the economy is doing to some of us but we have to make the best of The situation. Good luck with everything, hopefully 2013 will bring tou prosperity and joy!