PDA

View Full Version : B Blue Tang Eating My New Hammer Coral

markaren
01/03/2013, 01:37 PM
I saw it just after I mounted my first frags to rocks. RIIIP...spit out...continue on with his piggish endless search for food. I thought the tang was pretty and now I want to flush him, sump him or take him on a one way trip to the LFS. he has some signs of iche since the rockscape (stressed) 2 weeks or so ago.

I figure once a grazer...he will always be. Like it or not , he has to go.Gonna go out and get a bigger net now. Any fish owners near Clermont Florida with a Quarantine this might be your lucky day.Free. Now I know why my Grass coral had stayed hidden for the last day and a half.

markaren
01/03/2013, 05:10 PM
Wife is out getting larger net...Frogs spawn frag is half gone now, attempts at torch have begun. Goniopra is getting attracted too. WTH, I have fed him 5 times today. He has become a beast. I have put a small net over remaining frog spawn.

He never touched a thing until I mounted them to rock. Option one is creeping into my mind over sump. :mad2:

capt85
01/03/2013, 05:57 PM
ugh.... That is a new one to me but wow that sucks.

markaren
01/03/2013, 06:47 PM
I had no idea hard hard it is to catch a tang.

Luck, pure and obvious, luck. 6 different caves and one fractional bad decision to come out and go to the curved glass. he is in the sump. No idea what will come next but he will not go in the display. probably be given away .

markaren
01/06/2013, 06:15 AM
I met a local reefer last night after an immediate response from craigs list.

The Powder blue Tang did just fine in my sump until I got the call.
he offered to pay or give me a bow front tank or coral.

I now have a new 7 head hammer Coral frag ( blue tip yellow arms) and a piece of maroon leather from a private diver he met from Hawaii.

Alls well that ends well...hmmm trading was a lot better deal than buying my first time.

Josh_84
01/06/2013, 07:49 AM
I had a regal tang that decided my green trumpets were good to eat. He didn't even eat them actually, just rip chunks off and spit them out. Needless to say, he found a new home.