PDA

View Full Version : Does my Chevron have HLLE?

SpentAllMyMoney
01/03/2013, 02:08 PM
My little buddy finally came out of 4 weeks QT (40g is too small even for a short while) and now I see he has two spots under both eyes where pigment is gone, almost "erased" as someone wrote. I am ordering macro algae to grow in the fuge (gracilia) and I'll get Formula II to add more veggies. I would like someone who has seen this before to confirm HLLE. Fish has normal tang behavior, picks off rocks, glass, eats nori, actually is quite a pig. Is social with possum wrasse but does not chase (yet). No rapid breathing or signs of ich, no flashing or rubbing against rocks. Already associates people with feeding time. Has grown from 1.75" to almost 2" in the five weeks I've had the fish.

If this is HLLE any other suggestions on treating the symptoms? This fish is incredibly beautiful and I'd like to provide the best environment I can, something we all strive for.

The food is a variety: Dried nori sheets daily, Rod's original, mysis, spectrum pellets, cyclopeeze, spirulina enriched brine (rarely), baby brine. Food is soaked in Selcon or vitachem, sometimes Kent garlic added for flavor.

The goods: 220g DT, 100g basement sump, 30g fuge. Hammerhead Gold return pump, ATB protein skimmer rated for 450g, GAC and GFO changed monthly, GHL Mitras LED lamps, Coralife powerhead in DT at 2900g, total turnover is 20x hourly.

The tests: Refractometer: 1.026 SG, Apex Probe: 77-78F, Salifert: NH4=0, NO2=0, NO3=5, Mg= 1290 HannaCheckers: PO4= 0.01, Alk 6.9dKH, Ca= 430, Apex: pH 7.7-7.9 ORP 390-410.

The tank: 190lbs dry Pukani rock that has been thru muriatic acid bath, multi rinses, lanthanum chloride treatments until PO4 down to nearly 0 on Hanna checker 736 AND THEN additional 4 months curing process seeded with some live rock and raw table shrimp. Last ammonia spike (0.5) was July 2012. Tank finally arrived and 2" bed of aragonite sand was added 10/14/2012. Lights added to DT 12/9/2012. 15% water change biweekly.

The fish (all QT'd FOUR weeks in a 40g):
Round 1: Wetmorella tanakai, Nemateleotris helfrichi,
Round 2: Pseudanthias pulcherrimus, and Ctenochaetus hawaiiensis

Round 2 were given 2 treatments of Prazipro since the anthias came in with white stringy poop.

Thank you! I appreciate feedback and advice on HLLE or whatever else this may be.:fun2:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=6167&pictureid=49424

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=6167&pictureid=49425