PDA

View Full Version : Help with white fins on trigger

Maaka
01/04/2013, 10:36 AM
Yesterday I was cleaning my dads tank out for him. He just had a knee replacement so he can't do it himself. While cleaning it I blew off his rocks with a turkey baster to kick gunk off of them and there was a lot of it. Today I go to look at it and his trigger's fins are covered in white blobs. They are not small spots like ich. I was just wondering what it could be. And if I need to move him to a QT tank for treatment.

b0bab0ey
01/04/2013, 11:31 AM
Are you sure some of the gunk didn't just get caught up in his fins?

It could also be Lympho. Hopefully it's not the start of an infection.

Maaka
01/04/2013, 12:12 PM
I'll keep an eye out if it starts to fall of because it is just stuck to him. I'll get some garlic and beef up his food to try and help the immune system out.

kv2wr1
01/05/2013, 09:44 AM
My Sargassum trigger had lymph but only on one fin. He also had ich so I put him in a HT and treated him with copper for the ich. I made sure to keep the water quality top notch and feed him a variety of foods. I also added vitamins and fed him spiralina flakes that had beta glucan in them (cobalt aquatics brand). I think the clean water and the added vitamins made this eventually go away. Beta Glucan may help since it boosts the immune system. He's doing well now.