PDA

View Full Version : where do threads disappear to? new here

bigmikey80
01/06/2013, 11:30 AM
Good morning. New to the forum. Started a thread on my reef tank recently in the reef discussion section...which holds only 3 pages apparently, where do the threads go once they fall off the top 3 pages? I have tried to use the search function and it says no results are found.

How can someone continue to add to their thread if it disappears and they have to start all over again every other day?

Thank you for any help finding my thread and insight on how to better navigate on here.

Wolverine
01/06/2013, 11:35 AM
It doesn't disappear. It's still here. Scroll down to the "Display Options" on the left of the screen. There are a few drop down menus, which let you adjust how far back the threads are shown.

Wolverine
01/06/2013, 11:39 AM
You can also go to your usercp and click on the button to show all subscribed threads. That way you'll see any thread in which you've posted.

usmc121581
01/06/2013, 11:51 AM
I have actual had threads disappear, I have gone to my user cp and looked through all theatre started by me and its not there, I have ran into this with threads I have responded to. I reply I submitted wouldn't be in my " threads responded to". This was actual noticeable about the same time the site started to operate slowly and taking forever to load.

Wolverine
01/06/2013, 11:58 AM
There have been some issues with the search lately, and it may be related to that. The only way for a thread to truly disappear is if we remove it (often at the request of the thread starter), which happens very infrequently.

mhurley
01/06/2013, 12:33 PM
Bigmikey, looks like you found your thread as you just posted on it.

I also use the My RC button to keep up with threads I've subscribed to.

mhurley
01/06/2013, 12:34 PM
Bigmikey, looks like you found your thread as you just posted on it.

I also use the My RC button to keep up with threads I've subscribed to.