PDA

View Full Version : Broken Protein Skimmer

zimmertr
01/06/2013, 09:47 PM
I just picked up a lightly used RO-BS-1000int skimmer and, with my luck, knocked it over as soon as I got it home and broke the motor from the actual sump. Do you guys think there is any hope in fixing it? Perhaps some Weld On #16 or JB Weld or something? I have no idea.. I've never done anything like this.

http://imgur.com/a/f7GPt

Painted skin
01/06/2013, 11:50 PM
Well I wish you luck; I did brake similar plumbing parts on HOB SWC skimmer was going to use it dedicated for ozone. I can tell you those are odd size and I could not fine a replacement. I thought I could fine a replacement at a plumbing store, but nope.

biggles
01/07/2013, 05:44 AM
I don't think spare parts is an option as it looks like the acrylic that the fitting is sleeved over is broken. I would use Weldon 40 and also add some small triangular gussets glued to the skimmer body and the repaired fitting for added support. Good luck - i am sure you can repair it so don't bin it too soon.

reefriot13
01/07/2013, 06:31 AM
Looks like part of a uniseal and if it broke the pvc inside the skimmer body then dab some glue on it and shove it back in. Add a little silicone if needed around the uniseal area and should be fine. I've had cracks in a few skimmers that never made a differance. As long as the water and air get to where there supposed to should work just fine

Sent from my MB611 using Tapatalk 2