PDA

View Full Version : Flow question for 2 large tanks

mdbannister
01/07/2013, 02:45 PM
I've actually got two tanks I'm setting up, so I'll list them individually and ask you guys to give your ideas on one or both tanks. My questions are about adding/modifying flow...

Tank #1 is a 180g reef. I am planning it to be a mixed reef but LPS dominate. The tanks dimensions are 72" x 24" x 24". I will be running a sump with refugium.

Tank #2 is a 120g predator reef. I am planning this to be very forgiving corals that like lots of nutrients...not likely to be much if any sps here. It will also have a sump with refugium.

For flow, I have 2 mp40s and 2 tunze 6101s w/ 7095 controller for the tunzes. I also have the modded mj1200, 2 koralias 1400s, and modded mj900 from my old systems.

My plan is to use the tunzes on one tank and the mp40s on the other and have a couple of constant flow powerheads (the mjs and koralias) divided up between the two. My controllable pumps would be on the opposite sides of the tank from each other with the constants aimed upward off the back wall...

I can't decide which pumps to use on which tank or if I should try and find some more tunze powerheads (since the 7095 will control up to 4 without the expansion kit and up to 8 with it). Thoughts? What suggestions would you make with this equipment?

mdbannister
01/07/2013, 04:27 PM
Nobody? :-(

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

potterjon
01/07/2013, 05:38 PM
I think you have plenty of power heads either way you go. I don't think I would buy anymore equipment, it doesn't sound like you need it. I have two mp40's on a 150 and sometimes I wish there was a small one in the back. They would be great on the 120 and would be great on the 180 with one more in the back. I don't know about the tunzes but I love my mp40's.