PDA

View Full Version : Iodine dip on toadstool

stephent89
01/09/2013, 07:20 PM
I have a toadstool leather I added to my tank about 2 weeks ago. It had two heads each about 6 inches in diameter attached to a rock. While placing them in the tank they tore apart at the base so now there are actually two separate toadstool leathers in my tank. They both opened up and were doing great for a week. Now one is still doing great while the other does not come out at all. This has been going on for a week. It has some slime coming off the top of it. Both have a yellow color at the base. Is there a reason why it's doing this? Parameters are all in check except a slightly high phosphate level that I'm gaining control of. All other corals are happy. Is an iodine dip in order?

stephent89
01/10/2013, 11:31 AM
Bump

stephent89
01/11/2013, 03:25 AM
Y'all I'll bump as long as I have to until I get an answer lol :deadhorse:

tsdpurdue
01/11/2013, 06:19 AM
I would just leave it be. You could increase the flow to help the toadstool shed. (Even this is probably not necessary). I have had my toadstool for a while and mine has went weeks at a time where it will not open, but it has always opened back up eventually. (Usually bigger and better than before)

Pittsburgh
01/11/2013, 08:09 AM
Yes. Toadstools react to the environment by retracting but they are usually pretty hardy and will pull through eventually. Mine would stay retracted for 2-3 weeks at a time when something happens but then eventually come out. Just be patient, keep your water parameters in check and it will come out eventually. I wouldn't subject it to any treatment at this point.

stephent89
01/11/2013, 12:23 PM
Ok thanks. So do y'all know anything about the yellow at the base of both?