PDA

View Full Version : Flatworm Stop and Red Planaria

triguy
01/09/2013, 07:33 PM
I've read several hobbyist using Flatworm Stop as a preventative measure. I have also read that they have seen great PE and color in their sps using this product. I recently ordered a bottle to see if my coral would respond in any positive way, while hopefully keeping me from getting AEFW.

My concern is that I do have a lot of red planaria in my tank, so I wanted to see what effects, if any, Flatworm stop my have. Should I be prepared for a mass killing of these and toxins being released? I know FWE will kill the red planaria, I'm just curious if I should have a large water change and carbon ready when I dose Flatworm Stop.

triguy
01/11/2013, 06:21 PM
Zeovit customer service couldn't answer this question. The person replying said they have never tried the product.

I know there are members here who have tried it, and whether or not you believe it does stop AEFW, I just want to know if you know what effect it will have on red planaria.

triguy
01/11/2013, 06:40 PM
Zeovit customer service couldn't answer this question. The person replying said they have never tried the product.

I know there are members here who have tried it, and whether or not you believe it does stop AEFW, I just want to know if you know what effect it will have on red planaria.

bigbuckdown
01/12/2013, 09:39 PM
Save your money this product does absolutly nothing. Put it towards somethings else

Finland
01/12/2013, 11:58 PM
Flatworm exit works quite well with red planaria, but does nothing for aefw. I would recommend syphoning off as many red planaria as possible before and during treatment as they do release a toxin that can affect livestock. Also have water ready for a water change and do have carbon. I have never heard of flatworm exit causing better pe or color from corals.

karsseboom
01/13/2013, 02:04 AM
Flatworm exit works quite well with red planaria, but does nothing for aefw. I would recommend syphoning off as many red planaria as possible before and during treatment as they do release a toxin that can affect livestock. Also have water ready for a water change and do have carbon. I have never heard of flatworm exit causing better pe or color from corals.

The original poster was referring to flatworm stop by zeovit not flatworm exit.

To answer your question flatworm stop will have no affect on red planaria. The way flatworm stop works is by helping the Sps fight off the Aefw. It's helps create a slim coating to protect the tissue from the flatworms. It will not actually kill the flatworms though.

Finland
01/13/2013, 09:28 AM
The original poster was referring to flatworm stop by zeovit not flatworm exit.

To answer your question flatworm stop will have no affect on red planaria. The way flatworm stop works is by helping the Sps fight off the Aefw. It's helps create a slim coating to protect the tissue from the flatworms. It will not actually kill the flatworms though.
LOL, I guess I had better pay attention to what I am reading. My bad.