PDA

View Full Version : Issue with density probe

kirsto71
01/11/2013, 03:45 PM
I have a density probe on my aquarium and last night it dropped in reading from 1.026 to 1.024 almost instantly and then continued to read at that level for a few hours and then dropped to 0.9967 and has stayed there. I am not at home right now but was after any feedback from people. I am assuming that the probe may have died. It is around 3-4 years old.

AQT
01/14/2013, 12:54 AM
well try to clean properly the probe. If it still doesn't work go in the program menu, calibration and reset the calibration you have making a new one.
Davide

kirsto71
01/14/2013, 01:25 PM
What is the best way to clean the probe. It has a small amount of build up on the outside.

AQT
01/15/2013, 01:43 AM
well it is enough to take a piece of absorbent paper or a piece of cloth wetted with only water. Clean the probe in the small hole. If it is the case add to the water some lemon juice.
Do not use abrasive things to clean probes.
After having cleaned it you have to recalibrate the probe.
Davide

kirsto71
02/03/2013, 03:43 AM
I have tried to recallibrate the probe, I have cleaned it and I have also tried to reload the interface. None of these things have worked. When I recallibrated it and then tested it on some fresh water the density reading actually went up over 1.029. I assume that either the probe or interface has failed. I am assuming the most likely is a problem with the probe. Before I buy a new probe is that the most likely thing to have failed.

AQT
02/04/2013, 03:55 AM
well it is hard to say if it is the probe or the interface that doesn't work...
Contact please our Australian distributor and they can give you the right assistence.
http://www.abs-technologies.com.au/start.html
Thanks
Davide

RobbyG
03/04/2013, 01:31 PM
If the probe is over 2+ years old it's probably dead. My first one lasted about 26 Months and then did exactly the same thing yours is doing.

No regrets, it worked perfectly and almost needed no calibration for the whole 26 months then it just died and it died in a manor that let me know it was Dead, so I did not mess up my tank with gradual false readings. (IWO it went from perfect readings to totaly messed up readings within 24 hours)