PDA

View Full Version : Status Menu Problems

gmastr85
01/12/2013, 02:56 PM
Hi, I just got my apex hooked up and running. I have it attached to my network and running my pumps and lights. My email is working and I'm working my way through the manual and getting everything running.

The problem I'm having, is on the "status" page, outlets/virtual outlets keep appearing randomly and are taking over my tank. I'm not doing this at all, it does it on its own.

Okay, so when I first started I had this: The original 8 outlets listed with generic labels and I could change them as I wished. Everything worked fine.
Light1_1_1 is ON Manual
Light2_1_2 is ON Manual
Pump1_1_3 is ON Manual
Pump2_1_4 is ON Manual
Heater1_1_5 is ON Manual
Chiller1_1_6 is ON Manual
CO2_1_7 is ON Manual
Ozone1_1_8 is ON Manual

This is my current email report. As you can see, more outlets have appeared. My originals are gone. Everytime a set of outlets appear they take over all the controls. I have to maunally go in and change them to turn everything back on. It's caused my temp to crash once already and my lights are all out of whack now. More importantly, I don't know how to stop it. I've gone in and manually deleted the outlets, but more appear on their own (and take over control) Am I doing something wrong? Here is my current report.
Light is ON Manual
VarSpd2_I2 is PF2 Auto
VarSpd3_I3 is PF3 Auto
VarSpd4_I4 is PF4 Auto
SndAlm_I6 is OFF Manual
SndWrn_I7 is OFF Manual
EmailAlm_I5 is OFF Manual
Light is ON Manual
Pump1_3_3 is ON Manual
Pump2_3_4 is ON Manual
Heater_3_5 is ON Manual
Chiller_3_6 is ON Manual
CO2_3_7 is ON Manual
Ozone_3_8 is ON Manual
Light1_7_1 is ON Auto
Light2_7_2 is ON Manual
Pump1_7_3 is ON Manual
Pump2_7_4 is ON Auto
Heater_7_5 is ON Manual
Chiller_7_6 is ON Auto
CO2_7_7 is ON Manual
Ozone_7_8 is ON Auto
Light1_6_1 is ON Manual
Light2_6_2 is ON Manual
Pump1_6_3 is ON Manual
Pump2_6_4 is ON Manual
Heater_6_5 is ON Manual
Chiller_6_6 is ON Manual
CO2_6_7 is ON Manual
Ozone_6_8 is ON Manual

As you can see I'm on my 6th and 7th copy of the outlets. I've done absolutely nothing to create these. It seems I wake up every morning and theres a new set of outlets. All my power is off, and I have to turn the new outlets on again. Why is this happening?

Thanks for your responses!

aquamanic
01/12/2013, 03:38 PM
You need to contact Neptune support. They can telnet into your controller and fix this. The controller is losing contact with your EB8 and when it regains communications it thinks the EB8 is new and adds it. You probably have a bunch listed in your module status web page. It's a 5 min. fix.

gmastr85
01/12/2013, 04:47 PM
Okay I'll try contacting them. It's frustrating that a brand-new, out of the box controller does this. Thanks for the info! I'll contact them on Monday!

aquamanic
01/12/2013, 05:09 PM
Such is life. Good news is the problem has a quick solution.

You're going to love it after you get this fixed. Now stop posting on RC and come over to the new forum. I'm growing old in a hurry with the response time on RC.

gmastr85
01/12/2013, 05:14 PM
I found the answer in the reference manual. I basically had to do some sort of reset. Here are the instructions.

From the Display module select System – Init Memory – Init
AquaBus Dev. The Apex will re-scan your AB modules and
recreate the default outlet names. Once that is complete, you will
have to re-name your outlets back to their customized labels.
Then you can re-load your saved program statements.

Once I did this, it was reset back to the original factory setting. Now I just need to stop it from happening in the future.

gmastr85
01/24/2013, 04:15 PM
Update: I've contacted support and they fixed it for me. Took about 10 minutes. However, the problem returned a week later. I've tried contacting support but they won't return calls or pick up the phone. Not happy!