PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone soak their pellets before feeding?

Bigwyll
01/16/2013, 12:38 PM
I use Omega One small marine pellets. None of my fish eat them. They swallow them then spit them out, then swallow, then spit them out. I was wondering if I was suppose soak them before feeding.

thebkramer
01/16/2013, 12:48 PM
soak them in what? garlic? I'm not a fan of garlic.. from what I've read.. it can do more harm than good after long use...
they might be nibbling the pellets down to make them smaller.. the pellets might be too big for them?? I use to use the Formula 1 pellets and my fish did the same. After doing some research though.. I found they were high in trates.. so I switched over to New Life Spectrum and Never looked back!!! My fish LOVE them and can't seem to devour them quick enough lol

Allmost
01/16/2013, 01:01 PM
I do soak mine in vitamines and ....

but as said above, try smaller size pellets in this case. they already recognize it as food.

cloak
01/16/2013, 03:12 PM
I soak my pellets in water prior to feeding. It softens them up a little and makes it easier for the fish to eat. If I don't, the clowns usually spit them out. Now they're tumbling across the bottom and I have to worry about something else consuming them. The CUC will most likey handle it for me, but feeding them is not really a habit I want to get into.

Bigwyll
01/16/2013, 03:26 PM
soaking in water to soften them is what I was talking about. The pellets are small enough I'm sure.

Cloak, how long do you soak them?

cloak
01/16/2013, 03:50 PM
Five minutes or so? Sometimes I'll forget and they'll be soaking for more than an hour. No problem.

Esage
01/17/2013, 08:53 AM
I soak my pellets in some tank water a couple of minutes before feeding.